• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Shane Skov

ZACKB

Reaction score
A number of teams think there’s a real chance Shayne Skov goes undrafted this weekend. As one director of college scouting said, “He’s a good guy but slow with major medical red flags. The whole (pre-draft) process has hurt him.”

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9724

If he is there in the 6th round, you gotta take him. He may not be a coverage backer, but damn, was he solid.

Honestly, I have him as a third-rounder. He plays much, much faster than he was timed. I mean, he ran a 5+ 40, which is o-lineman territory. But if any ILB played as fast as a G played, he would be benched and cut and off to find his life's work. Skov redefines the term "playing downhill." His reactions are fast and instinctive, so he doesn't have to think as much when he moves. That shaves off some time. He recovers well when he's blocked or out of position; that shaves off some more. He uses his hands really well, so he's not wasting time fighting off blockers.

Brandon Spikes ran a similar 40 a few years ago. The Pats drafted him in the third (I think), and while he never set the world on fire, he became a fine run-stopper and worth the pick. If we're sitting in the 4th round and Skov or Preston Brown is high on our board, I say we take one.

I heard his 40 sucked because his leg was hurt...hammy maybe?

I would def consider him in rd 4-6. If we trade down we may have all kinds of picks.

I am a bigger fan of Andrew jackson a hard hitting ilb who has modeled his playing style around ray Lewis, as a 2 doy bfwn run stiffer use him to play the run, cover the draw and blitz and if spence can cover he drops back or you bring troy in the nickel and dime as your other ilb while shamarko or will allen are at ss.

If he falls to the 6th or 7th I'd jump on the pick. I was all in on Burfict with our 7th but instead we took Toney Clemons... I know Burfict had red flags and so does Skov but there's a point in the draft where you have to say he's worth the risk.

I'll pass. He is Vince Williams with less speed and no NFL experience.

I think all 3 Skov Williams and jackson are similar all downhill thumpers not great backpedal speed, and with Spence with a clean bill of health, perhaps with the addition of moats, we should let him and timmons start ease spence and let williams develop

I am a bigger fan of Andrew jackson a hard hitting ilb who has modeled his playing style around ray Lewis, as a 2 doy bfwn run stiffer use him to play the run, cover the draw and blitz and if spence can cover he drops back or you bring troy in the nickel and dime as your other ilb while shamarko or will allen are at ss.

dude. what is a 2 doy bfwn run stiffer?

and engun miffen spofin

I'd still like to see us run a 3-3-5 with Troy being a hybrid LB/S. Plays LB if he thinks it's a run or S if he thinks it's a pass and jumps underneath routes. Let Shamarko and Mitchell keep the top of the defense safe.