• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Should Democrat Joseph Manchin switch parties after the mid terms if he wins re-elect

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Should Democrat Joseph Manchin switch parties after the mid terms if he wins re-election?

I say if he wins re-election, yes he should. Manchin is 71 years old, this is likely his last election for the senate Might was well give the Dems this parting shot as they will no doubt be upset with him correctly voting for Kavanagh. I'll welcome him. Thoughts?

There is suspicion that he will if the Republicans need him to retain control... West Virginia swung really red lately and he has been trying to toe the line for a while...

He always has said he won't switch but he didn't leave the Democrats, the Democrat party left him.

Why doesn't WVa just vote in an actual conservative Republican? What is wrong with that state? Hillary told them to their faces that they were going to destroy coal jobs, and the dems have forever been trying to take away guns. **** Manchin. We don't need another spineless RINO.

Dat d'pin on where Joe stands on the history of the two parties...

dim v Republican history.jpg

Last edited:
Why doesn't WVa just vote in an actual conservative Republican? What is wrong with that state? Hillary told them to their faces that they were going to destroy coal jobs, and the dems have forever been trying to take away guns. **** Manchin. We don't need another spineless RINO.

WV was an old-school Labor Democrat state for decades. Once they finally figured out that the Democrats were no longer a friend of the coal industry they did an about-face as fast as I've ever seen it happen. Also people there just like Sen. Manchin. My dad is a friend of his from back when he was governor (dad was doing some work for the state) and says that he is a genuinely a nice guy.

Last edited:
As Ron states, West Virginia is the prime example of how private, working class, white union workers have switched parties.

There was a time (and Pittsburgh was like this as well), that their whole Democratic base was union workers. Not public unions, not school teachers or nurses, not racial democrats and minorities. White union workers decided elections back in the day. They were the muscle behind the candidates. And they were no "victims".

Now, all the democrats have left is "victim" classes, public unions, acadamia, and hollywood. And it can be strongly argued, they get those votes because they paid them all off by robbing from the working class and giving to their base.

I'm glad West Virginia is finally waking up to this truth. And I think more of the country is after watching Trump's first term.

I hope not, he supports President Trump and drives the Dems batshit crazy, I like him as a (D), lol

Manchin goes full MAGA

The vulnerable West Virginia Democrat is embracing Donald Trump, figuratively and literally: ‘We just kind of do the man-bump type thing.’

RANSON, W.Va. — Joe Manchin wants you to know he really likes Donald Trump.

The West Virginia senator doesn’t put it quite that way. But more than any other Democrat in Congress, he's positioned himself as a vocal Trump ally.

In fact, the senator, up for reelection in a state Trump won by more than 40 points, told POLITICO he isn’t ruling out endorsing Trump for reelection in 2020 — a position practically unheard of for a politician with a “D” next to his name.

“I’m open to supporting the person who I think is best for my country and my state,” Manchin said this week, insisting he’s game to work with any president of either party. “If his policies are best, I’ll be right there.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/06/manchin-trump-west-virginia-midterms-626437

-----------------------------

Thanks Manch

Last edited:
Coal jobs were killed by the future. First it became less labor intensive, because advanced machinery displaced workers.
Then a lot of cheap natural gas was discovered and priced a lot of coal out of business. If WV wants a better future, they need
to improve their schools, so the next generation doesn't grow up dumb.

Coal jobs were killed by the future. First it became less labor intensive, because advanced machinery displaced workers.
Then a lot of cheap natural gas was discovered and priced a lot of coal out of business. If WV wants a better future, they need

Hmm, I didn't know you lived in WV.

Please stop talking about what you don’t understand...

Coal plants closed because they made it impossible to get new permits to build cleaner efficient units and then regulated the **** out of pollution controls....

The cap and trade laws lowered pollution emissions by way greater than they needed to, but Obama in a absolutely dumbass move had them levy far more restrictive regulations that required billions of dollars in pollution controls to be added to units to run... this caused all the smaller units to close cause they weren’t cost effective, but bigger units that were well below the regulations to ease off the amount of injection of pollution controls to get closer to the limits and save money...

He overall caused more pollution and kneecapped our potetial energy production in case of crisis...

Its far easier to disrupt gas flow than a bunch of coal piles...

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Coal plants were shut down because of government regulations and federal over reach not natural gas which has been around since the oracle of Delphi in 1000 B.C. and Philadelphia started using NG for street lights around 1836. So please stop with the stupid ****.

You ever get tired of being wrong?

Want to improve schools immediately all across the country? Get the government the **** out of it. 90% of the problem solved today.

Want to improve schools immediately all across the country? Get the government the **** out of it. 90% of the problem solved today.

I'm a public school science teacher. This is exactly right. Since the inception of the Dept. of Education the education system has gone down hill. I teach in Mississippi and our superintendent of education, Dr. Carey M. Wright, makes $300,000 a year. Which is double what most states pay for a superintendent. The system is top heavy with bureaucrats. Each county in MS (All 82 of them) has a dept of education fully staffed with people that don't do a damn thing. I know because we have meetings there where i see people sitting around making $60000 and above that don't do anything. It's absolutely disgusting.