• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So the Flag and our Founders don't mean anything to us anymore?

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
Love this scene from The Patriot. Don't tell me the flag is just a symbol of oppression. Men united around this flag and formed a country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-cnhrAYsY

I believe it was Churchill who said to the effect that "the greatest advances came not when we discovered something new, but when we rediscovered what we had lost."

Like the ragtags in this clip, Americans are trudging along with a weary spirit.

All this talk about white guilt, white fragility, white privilege, systemic racism, tearing down our symbols and statues? What is it doing to "bring us together?"

To inspire us? To put a spring in our step, and passion in our cause? Does it not conversely tear down? Demoralize? Depress? Divide Americans?

What's needed is a national moment to unite around the flag. Rediscover what we had lost. Or course it probably will not happen short of alien invasion, but the BLM tearing down movement, their sycophants, and cowardly authorities need a dose of reality.

Last edited:
Love this scene from The Patriot. Don't tell me the flag is just a symbol of oppression. Men united around this flag and formed a country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-cnhrAYsY

I believe it was Churchill who said to the effect that "the greatest advances came not when we discovered something new, but when we rediscovered what we had lost."

Like the ragtags in this clip, Americans are trudging along with a weary spirit.

All this talk about white guilt, white fragility, white privilege, systemic racism, tearing down our symbols and statues? What is it doing to "bring us together?"

To inspire us? To put a spring in our step, and passion in our cause? Does it not conversely tear down? Demoralize? Depress? Divide Americans?

What's needed is a national moment to unite around the flag. Rediscover what we had lost. Or course it probably will not happen short of alien invasion, but the BLM tearing down movement, their sycophants, and cowardly authorities need a dose of reality.

We can call it the 1776 Movement. I went by my fathers house today and he's just sick to his stomach about it all.

He also stated if this antifa crap ever heads into his neighborhood he will do what must be done. I feel.for him. He is pretty sad thinking of what kind of country his kids will be left with. I would have never dreamed I'd see the things I'm seeing now.

And people are silent. Almost scared to even speak up. All kinds of people from all walks of life and of every race should be going off on the attack on the American dream.
They should be stomping these people a new mudhole

Gosh in 2001 everyone was flying flags. In 2020.they drape the flag over George Washington and set him on fire

Last edited:
Antifa and BLM have talked about taking this to rural American. Would be a huge mistake. Right now the cities are full of liberals, SJW snowflakes and vapid weak kneed whites. Rural areas won't have any of those. If they wanted to start a war that's where they'd need to go but my guess is they'll stay in the cities around like believers.

We can call it the 1776 Movement. I went by my fathers house today and he's just sick to his stomach about it all.

He also stated if this antifa crap ever heads into his neighborhood he will do what must be done. I feel.for him. He is pretty sad thinking of what kind of country his kids will be left with. I would have never dreamed I'd see the things I'm seeing now.

And people are silent. Almost scared to even speak up. All kinds of people from all walks of life and of every race should be going off on the attack on the American dream.

Gosh in 2001 everyone was flying flags. In 2020.they drape the flag over George Washington and set him on fire

Great post, my brother. In 2001, people said "if we don't go about our lives, we let the terrorists win."

Apparently the country was made of sterner stuff just 2 decades ago.

What did these people ever build for someone else to come along and later tear down?

Gotta say, I enjoy reading what you guys have to say and to know there is still a remnant out there in this generation.

Antifa and BLM have talked about taking this to rural American. Would be a huge mistake. Right now the cities are full of liberals, SJW snowflakes and vapid weak kneed whites. Rural areas won't have any of those. If they wanted to start a war that's where they'd need to go but my guess is they'll stay in the cities around like believers.

At some point, it's not wise to mess with Scots-Irish or like minded stock or what's dear to them. I'm sure they unconsciously know everything you have said.

I can give them some directions and places to visit. Even if they brought their A game, they'd get slaughtered.

I see what this group is made up of. They haven't run into any real badass don't give a **** mother ******* yet. I don't think they're brave enough. So far I only see them picking on the weak and vulnerable.

They aint bothering with these little **** *****,but if you bring it to them,it's on.

I went by my fathers house today and he's just sick to his stomach about it all.

My dad is taking this really hard as well. He, like many Americans his age, fought in the Vietnam war and developed severe PTSD that he's been dealing with and trying to manage the rest of his days -- and I can tell this is really testing him. He's really trying his hardest but it's really breaking his heart. He mentioned the other night that he's actually glad his brother died recently so that he wouldn't have to see what's happening now. It broke my heart.

I was torn on posting this because of how sickening it is, but we need to see what is happening in our country right now (warning: disturbing content)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Man executed in broad daylight while washing his car in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Brooklyn?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Brooklyn</a><br><br>Bloody weekend continues in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NYC?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NYC</a> <br><br>AT LEAST 21 PEOPLE SHOT IN 24-HOUR SPAN<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/08m5o2XuD0">pic.twitter.com/08m5o2XuD0</a></p>— NYC Scanner (@NYScanner) <a href="https://twitter.com/NYScanner/status/1274497187456659457?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That was someone's father, brother, son, partner etc. Executed in broad daylight, for what?

Grant & Key have no place in this land anymore. :frown:

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/n...ey-toppled-by-protesters/stories/202006200045

Statues of Ulysses S. Grant, Francis Scott Key toppled by protesters

SAN FRANCISCO — Protesters tore down more statues across the United States, expanding the razing in a San Francisco park to the writer of America’s national anthem and the general who won the country’s Civil War that ended widespread slavery.

In Seattle, pre-dawn violence erupted Saturday in a protest zone largely abandoned by police, where one person was fatally shot and another critically injured.

On the East Coast, more statues honoring Confederates who tried to break away from the United States more than 150 years ago were toppled.

But several were removed at the order of North Carolina’s Democratic governor, who said he was trying to avoid violent clashes or injuries from toppling the heavy monuments erected by white supremacists that he said do not belong in places like the state Capitol grounds that are for all people.

The statues are falling amid continuing anti-racism demonstrations following the May 25 police killing in Minneapolis of George Floyd, the African American man who died after a white police officer pressed his knee on his neck and whose death galvanized protesters around the globe to rally against police brutality and racism.

In San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park along the Pacific Ocean, protesters sprayed red paint and wrote “slave owner” on pedestals before using ropes to bring down the statues and drag them down grassy slopes amid cheers and applause.

The statues targeted included a bust of Ulysses S. Grant, who was the U.S. president after he was the general who finally beat the Confederates and ended the Civil War.

Protesters pointed out that Grant and his family owned slaves. He married into a slave-owning family, but he had no problem fighting to end slavery. Grant also supported the 1868 Republican platform when he won the presidency, which called for allowing black men to continue voting in the South.

Also torn down in the San Francisco park was a statue of Francis Scott Key, who wrote the U.S. national anthem “The Star-Spangled Banner.” Key owned slaves.

Protesters also pulled down the statue of Spanish missionary Junipero Serra, an 18th-century Roman Catholic priest who founded nine of California’s 21 Spanish missions and is credited with bringing Roman Catholicism to the Western United States.

Serra forced Native Americans to stay at those missions after they were converted or face brutal punishment. His statues have been defaced in California for several years by people who said he destroyed tribes and their culture.

Police officers were called out to the park, but they didn’t intervene. The crowd threw objects at the officers, but no injuries or arrests were reported, San Francisco Police spokesman Officer Adam Lobsinger said.

In Seattle, authorities were investigating what led to the shooting in the area known as CHOP, which stands for “Capitol Hill Occupied Protest” zone. It has been harshly criticized by President Donald Trump, who has tweeted about possibly sending in the military to exert control.

Police released few other details about the shooting. Two men with gunshot wounds arrived in a private vehicle at a hospital about 3 a.m. One died, and the other was in critical condition, Harborview Medical Center spokesperson Susan Gregg said.

In Washington, D.C., and Raleigh, N.C., it was another night of tearing down Confederate statues. In the nation’s capital, demonstrators toppled the 11-foot statue of Albert Pike, the only statue in the city of a Confederate general. Then they set a bonfire and stood around it in a circle as the statue burned, chanting, “No justice, no peace!” and “No racist police!”

Mr. Trump quickly tweeted about the toppling, calling out D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser and writing: “The DC police are not doing their job as they watched a statue be ripped down and burn. These people should be immediately arrested. A disgrace to our Country!”

Two statues of two Confederate soldiers that were part of a larger obelisk were torn down Friday night by protesters in Raleigh, N.C.

Police officers initially stopped the demonstrators. But after they cleared the area, the protesters returned an finished the job. They dragged the statues down the street and strung one up by the neck from a light post.

Saturday morning, official work crews came to the North Carolina capitol to remove two more Confederate statues. One statue was dedicated to the women of the Confederacy, and another was placed by the United Daughters of the Confederacy honoring Henry Wyatt, the first North Carolinian killed in battle in the Civil War, news outlets reported.

Gov. Roy Cooper said he ordered the removal for public safety and blamed the Republican majority state General Assembly for the danger.

“If the legislature had repealed their 2015 law that puts up legal roadblocks to removal, we could have avoided the dangerous incidents of last night,” Mr. Cooper posted on Twitter. “Monuments to white supremacy don’t belong in places of allegiance, and it’s past time that these painful memorials be moved in a legal, safe way.”

Mr. Cooper’s opponent for a second term in November, Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Forest, issued a statement saying Mr. Cooper did nothing to stop the destruction of statues and was either incompetent or encouraging lawlessness.

“It is clear that Gov. Cooper is either incapable of upholding law and order, or worse, encouraging this behavior,” Mr. Forest said.

First Published June 20, 2020, 4:21pm

So the Flag and our Founders don't mean anything to us anymore?
No, they were all white European slave owners so everything they did or wrote is wrong.

What's needed is a national moment to unite around the flag. Rediscover what we had lost.
That would be racist.

Exactly. Fake news is starting up again that Antifa is going to Sturgis. They're not. They couldn't find Sturgis since it is too far from any major city and if they did get there they won't find a soy latte.

Last edited:
My dad is taking this really hard as well. He, like many Americans his age, fought in the Vietnam war and developed severe PTSD that he's been dealing with and trying to manage the rest of his days -- and I can tell this is really testing him. He's really trying his hardest but it's really breaking his heart. He mentioned the other night that he's actually glad his brother died recently so that he wouldn't have to see what's happening now. It broke my heart.

I was torn on posting this because of how sickening it is, but we need to see what is happening in our country right now (warning: disturbing content)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Man executed in broad daylight while washing his car in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Brooklyn?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Brooklyn</a><br><br>Bloody weekend continues in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NYC?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NYC</a> <br><br>AT LEAST 21 PEOPLE SHOT IN 24-HOUR SPAN<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/08m5o2XuD0">pic.twitter.com/08m5o2XuD0</a></p>— NYC Scanner (@NYScanner) <a href="https://twitter.com/NYScanner/status/1274497187456659457?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That was someone's father, brother, son, partner etc. Executed in broad daylight, for what?

That's horrific. What kind of deep evil twisted soul can do such a thing? That's as cold.blooded as it gets. A picture of life with no backing to the laws of society. Forget the laws, just being a.decent human being.

I think any decent person or family should run from the big cities immediately.

What will happen shortly is a response to all of the stuff going on now. You can only push people so much. Not everyone has great restraint in dealing with this stuff.

No, they were all white European slave owners so everything they did or wrote is wrong.

That would be racist.

Exactly. Fake news is starting up again that Antifa is going to Sturgis. They're not. They couldn't find Sturgis since it is too far from any major city and if they did get there they won't find a soy latte.

Oh I'd love to see it actually. A little reality check would be good. No guns needed. I'd bring a few items like chain,a baseball bat,brass knuckles and a tomahawk. All they need is a tiny taste.

While I'm thinking about founders and great presidents. All of that horrific US Currency they can just hand over to me. Franklin,Grant,Jackson,Lincoln and Washington. I'll gladly dispose of.

Reactions: MTC

I don't get it. Was there any type of relationship? friends, neighbors, coworkers.? that may have had a dispute?

Taking their fight to Sturgis would be a HUGE mistake. Their *** kicking would be epic.

I don't get it. Was there any type of relationship? friends, neighbors, coworkers.? that may have had a dispute?

there are a lot more videos of people getting beat up and killed for no reason around the country. Keep your head on a swivel and know your surroundings. It's getting really bad and I don't see an end game anytime soon. The patients are running the asylum.

“It is clear that Gov. Cooper is either incapable of upholding law and order, or worse, encouraging this behavior,” Mr. Forest said.

This is the game plan in all Democratic controlled cities and states.

Oh I'd love to see it actually. A little reality check would be good. No guns needed. I'd bring a few items like chain,a baseball bat,brass knuckles and a tomahawk. All they need is a tiny taste.

They would have to travel through too much Real America to get there, the one with the Dollar Generals and smelly Walmart shoppers who smoke cigarettes and eat meat. We're a scary place when you're not surrounded by hundreds of like-minded people.

They would have to travel through too much Real America to get there, the one with the Dollar Generals and smelly Walmart shoppers who smoke cigarettes and eat meat. We're a scary place when you're not surrounded by hundreds of like-minded people.

"Smelly Walmart shoppers" lol a Hannity go to! :)

Was great to see DT back to cutting promos last night on the mic and mocking the opponents WWE-style. He needs to regain the narrative.

Taking their fight to Sturgis would be a HUGE mistake. Their *** kicking would be epic.

Yea, it won't happen. These are toy soldiers that have to be coddled by 1000 to 1 odds before they do anything. Just like gang thugs, they can't handle it one on one.

People are scared because of being labeled racist and the cancel culture that follows.
It seems like the older generations are falling into the same mindset.

I’m under the belief this government has been infiltrated by a communist politician who slowly spread the ideology into the democratic party.
You entice a civilization of people with multiple handouts without having to work, it creates entitlement and people liking the idea.

What we are seeing is beyond racism.
It’s entitlement and opposing anything that challenges their way of life.

While I'm thinking about founders and great presidents. All of that horrific US Currency they can just hand over to me. Franklin,Grant,Jackson,Lincoln and Washington. I'll gladly dispose of.

I can help with the load