• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

someone with guts....not for the faint sheep, but watch it anyway...

USDA#1

Forefather
Reaction score
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

now back to your regularly scheduled "2 party" bullshit tasting bales of grass...

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The 3rd party candidate is only good if they are willing to take a stand, and they need a ton of help.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The 3rd party candidate is only good if they are willing to take a stand, and they need a ton of help.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
DBS and others have been screamin' this for years but the argument persists that a vote for Paul was a vote for the opposition, the Third Party can't win, the system is rigged for the two parties Etc, Etc. Until we get organized it will continue just as it has.

...and yes... I voted for Ron Paul as well.

View attachment 136

Last edited:

Tarkus

Reaction score
And what if it didn't matter?
The government doesn't care about you, me or anyone else. It cares about itself, and by that I mean the people on the inside.
I mean one of the most important things for our Senate now is getting the Redskins to change there name. when was the last time you saw 50 senators agree on anything? what changing the name of french fries to freedom fries in the senate lunchroom?

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Then you contributed to putting O in office. Just how it is, sorry.

No the Republican party did that by not staying true to conservatism and driving us out....

bmoritz

Reaction score
Sorry, I just don't get the fascination with Ron Paul. I like some of his stances, some are WAY OUT in left field. And many I see saying vote Libertarian. I'm sorry, but I don't see the majority of libertarian candidates as true conservatives either. I see many of them as Democrats who are afraid to label themselves as Democrats.

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Then you contributed to putting O in office. Just how it is, sorry.

Then I guess EVERYONE contributed to O-man getting the no, since as a Republican, you threw your vote away.

Vader

Reaction score
I love how some think that a 3rd party candidate is automatically great and that people that don't agree with them are "sheep". You realize that Napolitano thinks Ralph Nader is a hero? He is also pro-life. So he must be a sheep as well right? He didn't want to fight the civil war and thought slavery would just disappear on it's own.

I like the guy and agree with many of his thoughts. But to disregard people's beliefs because you don't agree with them isn't America. Tell me what your beliefs are and I can fit them into a category and call you a sheep as well... it's very easy to do: Pro-life? Religious sheep. Pro- abortion? Democratic sheep. Limited government? Libertarian sheep. Key stone? Big oil sheep. Pretty easy to do.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I love how some think that a 3rd party candidate is automatically great and that people that don't agree with them are "sheep". You realize that Napolitano thinks Ralph Nader is a hero? He is also pro-life. So he must be a sheep as well right? He didn't want to fight the civil war and thought slavery would just disappear on it's own.

I like the guy and agree with many of his thoughts. But to disregard people's beliefs because you don't agree with them isn't America. Tell me what your beliefs are and I can fit them into a category and call you a sheep as well... it's very easy to do: Pro-life? Religious sheep. Pro- abortion? Democratic sheep. Limited government? Libertarian sheep. Key stone? Big oil sheep. Pretty easy to do.

What makes people sheep is when they follow the party line and don't question things the establishment is doing like change the rules to make the votes in the primary worthless and refuses to seat the delegates of one of the candidates. If the shoe fits wear it....

Supersteeler

Reaction score
About 95% of the politically active people in America do not even realize it is an option to stray front their chosen party on ANY issue whatsoever for fear that they might look weak to the opposite side. Therein lies the problem because it takes thinking out of the equation all together which is actually helpful to most people and welcomed.

Last edited:

Vader

Reaction score
What makes people sheep is when they follow the party line and don't question things the establishment is doing like change the rules to make the votes in the primary worthless and refuses to seat the delegates of one of the candidates. If the shoe fits wear it....

99.9999% of Republicans had nothing to do with that. I don't even know how you would stop that if you weren't there at the time. And that has nothing to do with what Napolitano was talking about. He never even mentioned it. He was talking about policies and beliefs. Everybody is a sheep to someone who believes differently. If I don't agree with you or Napolitano then I'm a sheep. Even though I can think and reason for myself and I don't follow any "party" line about anything. Why can't libertarians be sheep? Aren't they following their party lines?

JupiterBnG

Banned
Reaction score
Why can't libertarians be sheep? Aren't they following their party lines?

Libertarians CAN be sheep, just like anyone can. However, I think most people arrive at being libertarian by rejecting anything that has to do with a "party line." I regularly vote for Libertarian or other independent candidates, but never without researching all the options (including Republicans and Democrats). I think the problem with the majority of Republicans and Democrats (which is the problem with the entire political system), is that the vast majority of voters don't do any research before voting, aside from asking "what's the name of the Republican/Democrat so I can vote for them?" They've already made up their mind on the party, but have no idea what the PERSON really stands for.

Which is why I said Romney couldn't have beat his way out of a wet paper bag, much less beat Obama. If you can't get your own folks excited enough to show up at the polls and vote for you when the incumbent has some of the lowest approval ratings for a President ever, you're a terrible candidate.

Vader

Reaction score
Libertarians CAN be sheep, just like anyone can. However, I think most people arrive at being libertarian by rejecting anything that has to do with a "party line." I regularly vote for Libertarian or other independent candidates, but never without researching all the options (including Republicans and Democrats). I think the problem with the majority of Republicans and Democrats (which is the problem with the entire political system), is that the vast majority of voters don't do any research before voting, aside from asking "what's the name of the Republican/Democrat so I can vote for them?" They've already made up their mind on the party, but have no idea what the PERSON really stands for.

Which is why I said Romney couldn't have beat his way out of a wet paper bag, much less beat Obama. If you can't get your own folks excited enough to show up at the polls and vote for you when the incumbent has some of the lowest approval ratings for a President ever, you're a terrible candidate.

Knife cuts both ways. I think Libertarians are single minded and sheep because they always vote their party lines. I don't think Libertarians do much research and just vote for the L beside the name. See it's easy to lump people into categories without information or having any idea at all about them. Fact is nobody knows what people know or don't know about the candidates. That's an assumption not fact. I think people know what they are voting for most of the time. BHO promised more handout, government spending etc... why are people shocked when people vote for politicians that promise them stuff and then give it to them?

Like you, I know the candidates and what they stand for and I vote republican 99% of the time. Not because of some party line but because I agree with them on most things.

JupiterBnG

Banned
Reaction score
Like you, I know the candidates and what they stand for and I vote republican 99% of the time. Not because of some party line but because I agree with them on most things.

Welcome to the tiny minority of your party, then.

bmoritz

Reaction score
Come on guys, most people I know that call themselves libertarians are just as much a sheep as Dem or Rep sheep. Many of them say "Hey, that guy's a libertarian, he's an outsider! He's against the establishment! I love that guy!" when they have no clue what he stands for. They just like to think of themselves as cool "outsiders" who are above the fray of the two party system, when in reality they're no different. I'm not saying Dems or Reps are any better, because they're not. But let's get off the high horse.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Libertarians are a political party and therefore uncool, because they don't understand the word they choose as a title.

libertarians are awesome.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys. Take it easy on librarians. Just keep quiet when in the library and you shouldn't have any problems.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I tend to vote Libertarian more times than not, because those candidates align with my beliefs more than the others. The Presidential race was a joke the last time, that is why I voted for Ron Paul. Until there are more independant thinking members of the Senate & House, we are ******.