• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Spring Breakers Out of Control + Shootings

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty scary stuff. Seems to me, based on the pictures in this article, one would be smart to stay on the beach....

Miami Beach declares a state of emergency and imposes a midnight curfew as Spring Breakers wreak havoc on the city: Exhausted cops demand an end to the partying and release video of crowds swarming their vehicles after four officers were injured​

Read the article...

Apparently it's a madhouse with cops running around on ATVs...

1647974241230.png

Public Serice Announcement: For God's sake kids, just stay on the beach!

1647974294550.png
Spring break holidaymakers enjoyed Monday on the beach as Miami braced itself for another week of partying

1647974347150.png
Bikini-clad Spring Breakers hit the beach in Fort Lauderdale, where bars and clubs stay open until 4 a.m.

1647974377578.png
Beach goers make the most of the sea and sand on Sunday in Fort Lauderdale

1647974424957.png
Police said they were readying themselves ahead of a huge influx of students and on Sunday they were seen keeping a close eye on proceedings

1647974594593.png

Sometimes I have to say bravo to top notch journalism

Carry on.

How things have changed. Did Lauderdale twice in the early 70's when I was still alive, but never thought of shooting anyone.
We'd drive straight through from Pittsburgh to the beach, stopping only for the necessities of gas and beer.
Drunk all week, sex on the beach with gorgeous (that's how I remember it) women that we met and partied with all day.
Even the cops were cool, got pulled over at about 4 AM, I was the only one still semi-conscious in the car, and the cop just pointed me in the right direction and said be careful.

How things have changed. Did Lauderdale twice in the early 70's when I was still alive, but never thought of shooting anyone.
We'd drive straight through from Pittsburgh to the beach, stopping only for the necessities of gas and beer.
Drunk all week, sex on the beach with gorgeous (that's how I remember it) women that we met and partied with all day.
Even the cops were cool, got pulled over at about 4 AM, I was the only one still semi-conscious in the car, and the cop just pointed me in the right direction and said be careful.
You probably didn't need to have consent forms before partying with them either. Holy cow you'd think there's a shortage of tattoo ink... Guessing the rebels are those without ink these days.

Same in '81 and '82. We were a little more restrained as we stayed in the homes of a couple of fellow students who were from Ft. Lauderdale.
Still hit the bars every night and got drunk AF.
At that time PA did not sell beer in grocery stores and we went into a store in FL, saw an entire aisle of coolers full of beer, and thought we'd died and went to heaven.
In '81 four of us piled into my bud's VW Rabbit Diesel, we each put a $20 in the ashtray for fuel figuring we'd do the same coming back except we never had to. Round trip we still had change left from our original $80 although top speed was about 70 mph.
In '82 we took my hot-rodded Monte Carlo and as far as is known we still hold the Beaver Falls, PA (Geneva College) to Ft. Lauderdale speed record of 18.5 hours. Me and my bud drove with three cheerleaders in the back seat making sammiches. Good times.

Same in '81 and '82. We were a little more restrained as we stayed in the homes of a couple of fellow students who were from Ft. Lauderdale.
At that time PA did not sell beer in grocery stores and we went into a store in FL, saw an entire aisle of coolers full of beer, and thought we'd died and went to heaven.
In '81 four of us piled into my bud's VW Rabbit Diesel, we each put a $20 in the ashtray for fuel figuring we'd do the same coming back except we never had to. Round trip we still had change left from our original $80 although top speed was about 70 mph.
In '82 we took my hot-rodded Monte Carlo and as far as is known we still hold the Beaver Falls, PA (Geneva College) to Ft. Lauderdale speed record of 18.5 hours. Me and my bud drove with three cheerleaders in the back seat making sammiches. Good times.
You couldn't kill those old Rabbits.... unless you forget to put the oil drain plug back in.... that'll kill em. 😁

My kids: cars had ashtrays in them????

Me: Yep, even in the door handles on some models.
The ones in the back where the kids lived were usually crammed full of plastic wrappers, lollypop sticks, and rock hard gum from the neanderthal age...At least from what I remember...I also remember as a little kid getting my finger somehow stuck in one...Mom stopped at a filling station and they pried it open....My brother told me they were going to have to cut off my finger.. Great older brother...🤣

The ones in the back where the kids lived were usually crammed full of plastic wrappers, lollypop sticks, and rock hard gum from the neanderthal age...At least from what I remember...I also remember as a little kid getting my finger somehow stuck in one...Mom stopped at a filling station and they pried it open....My brother told me they were going to have to cut off my finger.. Great older brother...🤣

Dude....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yep, those back seat mini-ashtrays were filled just like that. Bent lollypop sticks and hard gum. I was forced to clean them out sometimes using a screwdriver. Mine never got stuck, but cut the **** out of a finger in one once.

Those things were too intriguing to kids. They were like secret compartments and we used them for our 'treasures'

Lol. Remember trying to wind them up real quick when something was going down. Break your damn arm trying.

Lol. Remember trying to wind them up real quick when something was going down. Break your damn arm trying.

You would wind up an ash tray?

This I wanna see.

On the last trip, we got off the turnpike in Monroeville and had 87 cents left between the 4 of us.

Big luxury cars had one in each rear seat armrest plus one in the front seatback for the person sitting in the middle.

Lol. I read that wrong. Though you meant this

View attachment 8292

Now those you roll up LOL.

Best was when, over time, they got gunked up then became hard to turn.

Different times then. Driving fast down the highway while rolling the window down was the height of safety. Especially when you tried to reach back and roll down the back seat windows...while driving. Today you can't drive with a cell phone in your hand...then you could drive while rolling down windows, inserting/ejecting cassette tapes, hitting rewind and fast forward searching for tunes, all while in motion.

If you had a handsy girlfriend as well...clear the road

I hate all that modern computer and automatic nonsense. The only powered anything I want in my cars is the passenger's window, so I can drive up to my buddy and talk with him in that window when no on is in the car with me to roll the window down. In my 2001 Dodge Ram, NOTHING is automatic. It's nice. Easy, cheap fixes.

I hate all that modern computer and automatic nonsense. The only powered anything I want in my cars is the passenger's window, so I can drive up to my buddy and talk with him in that window when no on is in the car with me to roll the window down. In my 2001 Dodge Ram, NOTHING is automatic. It's nice. Easy, cheap fixes.
I bet you want the bench seats back so you can make that sharp turn and have the lady fly into your lap.

You can change the headlight on these without taking the car apart and spending a fortune on the assembly too.

I bet you want the bench seats back so you can make that sharp turn and have the lady fly into your lap.
We had a station wagon with bench seats. The whole thing adjusted forward and back. If you were a tall passenger and the driver was short, you'd want to sit in the back.

I have power everything,seats warm and cool, full PDR with 720 HD video in front of my mirror, car will even put itself into performance mode if I tap gas pedal all the way down quick or slam hard into a corner..car thinks "Oh he wants to play"..lol. I'll switch into paddle shifting or back to automatic. I have about 18 performance modes. The fun ones come in Track/Race mode when you turn off all of the nannies and it's just you and the car with no restrictions.

The downside is I won't touch much of anything under the hood. Though I'm fairly confident I could replace the supercharger, but I wouldn't be able to do the cpu tune for it without ******* it all up.

Technology is pretty cool and it's also a pain in the *** when things break.

I bought a 2020 Jeep Gladiator and when I was looking I found exactly what I wanted but it had manual windows and locks. Bought it anyway. Not sorry. I drive it mostly in the summer with the doors off anyway.
How’s that gas working for ya. 😬

Kids are crazy today

You can change the headlight on these without taking the car apart and spending a fortune on the assembly too.

I'm pretty proud of myself. Saturday I spent a few hours and changed out the headlamps on our older 2006 Honda Pilot, our oldest of four cars. Figured what the heck. I can build a house, but I am no mechanic. Not in the least. Had to get the bumper/fenders off/loose and took my time and voila, TSF did it.

I was sure I was gonna take it to a mechanic all torn apart and have to say "fix this please?" :)

I have power everything,seats warm and cool, full PDR with 720 HD video in front of my mirror, car will even put itself into performance mode if I tap gas pedal all the way down quick or slam hard into a corner..car thinks "Oh he wants to play"..lol. I'll switch into paddle shifting or back to automatic. I have about 18 performance modes. The fun ones come in Track/Race mode when you turn off all of the nannies and it's just you and the car with no restrictions.

The downside is I won't touch much of anything under the hood. Though I'm fairly confident I could replace the supercharger, but I wouldn't be able to do the cpu tune for it without ******* it all up.

Technology is pretty cool and it's also a pain in the *** when things break.
the new F150s have it so the center console folds down, rendering it as a "work station"

looks like it would be easier to receive road head, but with today's gas prices, you can just stay home