• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler Nation Vidcast: Was Losing Melvin Ingram a Good Thing?

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
G Stryker talks about the Melvin Ingram trade, the improved line play on both sides of the ball, and continues to gush about how great a player Najee Harris is. Plus he answers many questions from Steeler Nation!

Remember to tune into the Steeler Nation Vidcast live, weekly at 1pm ET on Tuesdays. We take questions live from Steeler Nation, so be sure to set your calendar and join in the fun!

WATCH:

Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel to be the first to know when a new video is active.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Well it puts taco on the field more so we can see how he fares as a 3/4 olb. I think we will see if there is still an upside pretty quick. Also, I'm assuming see got taco cheaper than Ingram.

Meh I have come around on the trade… yeah he was a valuable backup and yeah keeping him cost us two pass rush prospects we lost shuffling roster spots, including a sixth round lb… so getting something for him is worth it

To be honest, old school Dan Rooney teams often released guys who wanted out for nothing… it really sucks that we play them down the road… but hey… he wanted out…

I tried looking at it objectively, but the Chiefs got a steal only giving up a 6th rounder IMO. We gave up solid depth to draft someone who will more than likely be a special teams player, if they're lucky. (See Quincy Roche.)

This highlights Tomlins failures at rostering players. He lost Jamir Jones and Quincy Roche, and now Ingram. He really fouled up this chess match. It's no wonder other head coaches don't fear Tomlin. He isn't smart.

This highlights Tomlins failures at rostering players. He lost Jamir Jones and Quincy Roche, and now Ingram. He really fouled up this chess match. It's no wonder other head coaches don't fear Tomlin. He isn't smart.
Oh, no!! Tomlin sucks!!! He let 2 borderline roster rookies go!! How will we ever make up for their ZERO combined sacks?!?!??!? The Sky is falling!!!!!

He should have dumped the whole draft class, THEY ALL SUCK!!! Tomlin is such a failure he has to play 7 rookies and 6 are starting!! YOU SUCK TOMLIN!!!!

LOLZ...

Meh, if he didn't want to be here, it might reflect on what he does on the field, but I do agree that KC got a bargain.

Oh, no!! Tomlin sucks!!! He let 2 borderline roster rookies go!! How will we ever make up for their ZERO combined sacks?!?!??!? The Sky is falling!!!!!

He should have dumped the whole draft class, THEY ALL SUCK!!! Tomlin is such a failure he has to play 7 rookies and 6 are starting!! YOU SUCK TOMLIN!!!!

LOLZ
banned-rubber-stamp-ink-imprint-icon-vector-id476438414

It wasn't a bad thing.

Jamir Jones and Quincy Roche, eh???

That's rich!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I tried looking at it objectively, but the Chiefs got a steal only giving up a 6th rounder IMO. We gave up solid depth to draft someone who will more than likely be a special teams player, if they're lucky. (See Quincy Roche.)
The Steelers would have released him if they didn't have a trade partner. Chief could have gotten him at a lower price perhaps and saved a pick. If released though Ingram could have gone anywhere he wanted. Hence the reason why they gave up the pick for him. Either way Ingram would have been off the team sooner or later.

The Steelers would have released him if they didn't have a trade partner. Chief could have gotten him at a lower price perhaps and saved a pick. If released though Ingram could have gone anywhere he wanted. Hence the reason why they gave up the pick for him. Either way Ingram would have been off the team sooner or later.
Honest question...why would they have released him mid season? If he's under contract and not happy, then oh well.

And now we wait for Taco to make the tackle.

Honest question...why would they have released him mid season? If he's under contract and not happy, then oh well.
He was already telling reporters he was better than Highsmith and should be be starting. As Tomlin said...better to have volunteers than hostages.

Well no. What is good if he was happy and productive as a Steelers player. So necessary yes. Good no.

That would be more impact than Ingram had with us. I saw Taco come in and have the same type of impact Ingram had, in his very first game as a Steeler, with very little time in the system. He'll improve with more reps, he costs less, and as of right now isn't causing any issues to the chemistry of a young team. Sorry, but he's not better than Highsmith, not even close.

Losing Ingram was not a good thing as we really need the depth. Getting a draft pick out of someone that wasn't going to be back and could be a malcontent the rest of the season was a good thing. I'll take it and call it the cost of doing business.

He was already telling reporters he was better than Highsmith and should be be starting. As Tomlin said...better to have volunteers than hostages.
Beat me to it. One of the better Tomlinisms.