• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Activate RB Anthony McFarland; Place DT Carlos Davis on Reserved/Injured List

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Wednesday morning, the Pittsburgh Steelers activated running back, Anthony McFarland to the 53-man roster. McFarland opened the season on the Reserve/Injured list and returned to practice on Oct. 6. The team had a 21-day window to activate him. He’ll look to bring some needed depth to the ball carrier position behind rookie phenom, Najee Harris.

In a subsequent move, the Steelers released running back, Jaylen Samuels from the practice squad. Samuels is a four-year veteran who has spent his entire professional career in Pittsburgh, being drafted by the organization in the fifth round of the 2018 NFL Draft.

In other news, the Steelers placed defensive tackle, Carlos Davis on the Reserve/Injured List. Davis has been dealing with a knee injury all season long.

To add some depth on the defensive front, the Steelers have now signed defensive tackle, Chris Slayton to the practice squad. Slayton played college football at Syracuse and was drafted by the New York Giants in the seventh round of the 2019 NFL Draft. He also has spent time with the Buffalo Bills and the Atlanta Falcons.

More to come.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

DL falling like flies, he is what, the 3rd injured? 3rd out of 5 who made the 53, that's two starters and then a depth piece.

Hopefully McFarland can contribute. Harris cant maintain this workload all season

I hear this. I hope they actually use him and NOT just in obvious ways. He has speed get him the ball in the flats.

Salute the nation

Samuels was on Tomlins list as he keeps Snell Jr,
I just kept seeing Jaysam fall off. I would think back in that pats game and know that version is gone and out the door for good. He was deadwood as a runner. He would be on my short list of replaceables too.