• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Are "Team To Watch" On Big Play Receiver Courtland Sutton

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have had a great offseason. However, they still have plenty of gaps that need to be filled and now find themselves at a pivotal juncture in the NFL offseason as they seek to bolster their receiving corps. With speculation swirling in the football sphere, whispers abound regarding potential trade maneuvers. Initially, the spotlight was on a prospective deal with the San Francisco 49ers, with speculation rife about the acquisition of one of their dynamic wide receivers Brandon Aiyuk.

READ MORE

Will be interesting if they pull the trigger on a veteran WR.

The cap clearing move we made makes me think this is going to happen tomorrow.

Tge broncos desperately need to clear over 5 mil just to sign their draft picks.. they probably are gonna give him away at discount...
Yes, this along with Sutton's production should mean a minimal investment in terms of a draft pick. A lot less costly than trading for Aiyuk.

The cap clearing move we made makes me think this is going to happen tomorrow.

Tge broncos desperately need to clear over 5 mil just to sign their draft picks.. they probably are gonna give him away at discount...

Makes sense as we are tight on m only as well.

Salute the nation

why not just keep DJ if going to give up draft capital for a Vet WR

why not just keep DJ if going to give up draft capital for a Vet WR
Because DJ was struggling in the red zone and wasn’t the model citizen. The targeted mentions were more productive in this manner. Steelers need TDs over field goals. You can’t move forward standing still.

Because DJ was struggling in the red zone and wasn’t the model citizen. The targeted mentions were more productive in this manner. Steelers need TDs over field goals. You can’t move forward standing still.
but you can run backwards when supposed to be moving forward with DJ at WR

I would welcome Sutton over DJ and Aiyuk

He wasnot a bad reciever. Not perfect. No reason to trade for a Wr with somany holes on this team

If for some reason they do pull the trigger, obviously they will not take a high draft pick on WR.

Possibly two OL with what ever first two picks we have left.

We do need a Veteran presence in the WR room, so at what price do we give up for Sutton ?

Salute the3 nation

If for some reason they do pull the trigger, obviously they will not take a high draft pick on WR.

Possibly two OL with what ever first two picks we have left.

We do need a Veteran presence in the WR room, so at what price do we give up for Sutton ?

Salute the3 nation
2027 7th?

Gentlemen..

Lets me put our WR situation in perspective.

We are one mental health episode away from having Van Jefferson as our number one receiver.
We still need 2 WR's with one in the top 3 picks.

He wasnot a bad reciever. Not perfect. No reason to trade for a Wr with somany holes on this team
I hear what you’re saying Blitz. I just think they are sick and tired of the Drama. Who knows what else may have happened that never got out. Fresh start. I wish they would have gotten more for him.

I hear what you’re saying Blitz. I just think they are sick and tired of the Drama. Who knows what else may have happened that never got out. Fresh start. I wish they would have gotten more for him.
Same.
I just do not want them to trade a disgrunted(perhaps) Wr to Carolina and then trade for a disgruntled (perhaps) from Denver

Same.
I just do not want them to trade a disgrunted(perhaps) Wr to Carolina and then trade for a disgruntled (perhaps) from Denver
I'd give up a late-round pick. It'd be a solid veteran to pair with Pickens and then add a receiver in the second or third.

I would be willing to trade up to secure either Rome or Thomas tonite…
Or trade our first pick tonite for Aiyuk..
I cannot see that.

Giving the first and taking on a big $$$$ deal, not even negotiated yet, is a giant risk
vs
taking a cap friendly rookie deal with #20, at any position of need, and grabbing Sutton for a 3rd.

Lets see what the KhanMan can get done.

I cannot see that.

Giving the first and taking on a big $$$$ deal, not even negotiated yet, is a giant risk
vs
taking a cap friendly rookie deal with #20, at any position of need, and grabbing Sutton for a 3rd.

Lets see what the KhanMan can get done.
I dont think sutton returns a third at this point
His stats are basically DJs only slightly worse... the broncos have to clear over 5 million to sign their draft picks... he probably moves for slightly more than Dj got if not the same deal