• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Arthur Smith's Unique Offensive Play-Calling Has The Fullback Making A Comeback

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers are nearing the end of their second week of training camp, and all eyes have been on new Offensive Coordinator, Arthur Smith. This isn't a surprise, considering Smith took over for the much-beleaguered Matt Canada, who was fired partway through the 2023 season. A change in coordinator would always draw the attention of fans, but that attention is heightened because of how poorly the offense ran under Canada.

READ MORE

Good article and yes , fullback has been a missing piece for years now in this hodge podge of nothingness offense. I’ve always thought this team was foolish to not employ and actually use the fullback as a lead blocker and occasional pass catcher and short yardage runner,
Also, wouldn’t make too much of Arthur’s offense in Atlanta not being as productive as in Tennessee. Remember, it’s a whole lot different being HC with all those responsibilities vs being the OC when it’s just the offense that your responsible for.
I think Arthur will be just fine and the WR Coach Azzarri I like too.
With Arthur I think he knows how to utilize all his players, something we haven’t seen around here. look for guys like Cal Austin, Connor Heyward, the TE Washington to see their share of action.
Matt Canada seriously men, was way in over his head in the NFL. For me, I simply cannot believe he was allowed to stay in that position that long.