• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger Offers Critical Warning Surrounding 1 Current Fan Favorite

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
After Ben Roethlisberger played his last NFL game with the Pittsburgh Steelers at the end of the 2022 season, many wondered what was next for the beloved quarterback. While it's become common for skilled and personable players to break into coaching or broadcasting at the end of their playing career, Roethlisberger was never expected to land anywhere near the media. The former quarterback shocked the Steel City when he started his podcast: Footbahlin With Ben Roethlisberger.

READ MORE

The Steelers don't have anything to worry about at the moment with Pickens. Though the receiver has a chip-on-his-shoulder mentality, he's been a team-first guy for the black and gold.

I don't know that I'd agree with the assertion that Pickens' mentality is of the "chip on his shoulder" variety. Watching him in games last year I felt he was dangerously close to imploding while throwing childlike tantrums.

To me, a "chip on his shoulder" attitude comes across more like "prove me wrong" or "just try and stop me", more than the Keyshawn-esque selfish displays of not getting enough balls thrown his way. I really hope, for the team's sake, that he has matured in that regard 'cause there's no doubt he's a unique talent.

I don't know that I'd agree with the assertion that Pickens' mentality is of the "chip on his shoulder" variety. Watching him in games last year I felt he was dangerously close to imploding while throwing childlike tantrums.

To me, a "chip on his shoulder" attitude comes across more like "prove me wrong" or "just try and stop me", more than the Keyshawn-esque fits of not getting enough balls thrown his way. I really hope, for the team's sake, that he has matured in that regard 'cause there's no doubt he's a unique talent.
I have wondered about him with his maturity. I think there might be some concern there. I am not sure to what level. Perhaps it is nothing and he will shine. We'll see.

He is a great talent...and can help you get to where you want to go as a team..
Put the Antonio Brown plan into effect...
which is basically get the most out of while you can...before that volcano blows..

Coach T knows the deal..

****, he should have been pissed off. Best WR on the field and wasnt even getting targets. then ******* produced when he got his chance.

He's definitely an AB waiting to happen. Hopefully we can squeeze as many good years out of him as we did AB before it happens.

To me, a "chip on his shoulder" attitude comes across more like "prove me wrong" or "just try and stop me", more than the Keyshawn-esque selfish displays of not getting enough balls thrown his way. I really hope, for the team's sake, that he has matured in that regard 'cause there's no doubt he's a unique talent.
The offense totally ignored him at times in games. We would throw a ball to Johnson with 3 people covering him and ignore Pickens in single coverage. Pickens was our best WR last year by far.

How many times in the game feed did a multitude of us wail and gnash our teeth about "Wrong Way DJ"/"Drops Johnson" getting targeted on specific plays? How many times did we curse about Pickens being wide open on the ONE route he was actually allowed to run?
Pickens had a right to complain. He should have aired his complaints behind closed doors. I think though that I remember reading that Canada affirmed that Pickens had actually approached him about the matter before he started showing his frustration on the field.
In any event, if we, as fans were frustrated and pissed off about it, how do you think Pickens felt?
As far as an AB waiting to happen? Nah, I don't see Pickens tossing water coolers, Facetiming during the coach's post-game speech, etc.

He needs to be like Ward and learn to be a legit blocking guy. I know that he is not in the slot much, so blocking will be different, but it made Ward that much better when not receiving.

I think Footbahlin is good buy there does not need to be a clickbait comment from Ben on a daily basis.
It would be great if the titles on SN articles were less about click bait and more about describing the story Steeler fans want to read.

Every Steeler development is not a stunning soap opera conflict.

The offense totally ignored him at times in games. We would throw a ball to Johnson with 3 people covering him and ignore Pickens in single coverage. Pickens was our best WR last year by far.

THIS ^^^^^^^

O’Canada at his best…………….

Salute the nation

How many times in the game feed did a multitude of us wail and gnash our teeth about "Wrong Way DJ"/"Drops Johnson" getting targeted on specific plays? How many times did we curse about Pickens being wide open on the ONE route he was actually allowed to run?
Pickens had a right to complain. He should have aired his complaints behind closed doors. I think though that I remember reading that Canada affirmed that Pickens had actually approached him about the matter before he started showing his frustration on the field.
In any event, if we, as fans were frustrated and pissed off about it, how do you think Pickens felt?
As far as an AB waiting to happen? Nah, I don't see Pickens tossing water coolers, Facetiming during the coach's post-game speech, etc.

I hear yaz SteelBuckeye, George Pickens is maturing as time goes. Look how much he accounted for his out-burst and took accountability of said fall-out.

I don’t see a “little chest” in the waiting, Pickens is more grounded. I think this season will show a VAST improvement in his on-field actions and it will be hard for the O’Canada to ignor him in targets.

Salute the nation

I hear yaz SteelBuckeye, George Pickens is maturing as time goes. Look how much he accounted for his out-burst and took accountability of said fall-out.

I don’t see a “little chest” in the waiting, Pickens is more grounded. I think this season will show a VAST improvement in his on-field actions and it will be hard for the O’Canada to ignor him in targets.

Salute the nation
I fully believe in Canada's ability to ignore good players, ideas, and strategies.

I fully believe in Canada's ability to ignore good players, ideas, and strategies.
Just know that we here will NOT ignore you.

One less fear for you to live within.........................

Salute the nation

I think Footbahlin is good buy there does not need to be a clickbait comment from Ben on a daily basis.
It's a good assessment on Pickens and something that was a topic of discussion on this board last year. Also, Ben is trying to entertain and get viewers and he's doing so without hot takes, instead honest assessments.

Pickens seems like he could go either way. The talent is there, but he also did not create any separation. Hopefully he's been working to improve this offseason and comes ready to dominate in August.

It's a good assessment on Pickens and something that was a topic of discussion on this board last year. Also, Ben is trying to entertain and get viewers and he's doing so without hot takes, instead honest assessments.

Pickens seems like he could go either way. The talent is there, but he also did not create any separation. Hopefully he's been working to improve this offseason and comes ready to dominate in August.
Ben don't need the money. Keep it pretty vanilla. **** on the rest of the division. He doesn't need to put clickbait about the Steelers every other day.

Click Bait or not, who gives a **** ?

Most know that BEN is no longer the starting QB for the Pittsburgh Sgtgeelers. When he was playing, it was always Ben’s fault, not no more.

If it’s click bait and someone doesn’t like it, then don’t listen or read.

I like his show and he is very good at it. He beats out a lot of the talking head twits, so there is that.

Salute the nation