• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Bring Back Safety Karl Joseph For Depth

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers officially announced the signing of linebacker Genard Avery today. With that came the announcement of the re-signing of one of their own, safety Karl Joseph.

Steelers announce one-year deals for LB Genard Avery and S Karl Joseph.

Avery gives Pittsburgh a third rusher behind T.J. Watt and Alex Highsmith.

Joseph, a depth signing, gives Steelers a run-stopper on early downs. Doesn't preclude them from adding a starting safety.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 31, 2022

Joseph spend most of last season on the Steelers practice squad after being released by the Las Vegas Raiders. The Steelers had shown interest in Joseph during the off-season, but he ultimately decided to go back to the team that drafted him after spending time in Cleveland.

Joseph was called up from the practice squad twice during the 2021 season, and played a limited role on Defense. He recorded 2 tackles, and 1 pass break up. Keith Butler, and Mike Tomlin used Joseph in different situations up in the box to help stop the run.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I might be in the minority here but you can't have ALL PROs at everyposition. Edmonds played better than most give him credit for. It's NOT his fault the STEELERS took him to early in the draft.

If anything be mad at Tombert for that mistake and if Edmonds ends up back here then so be it. He would be reasonably priced and fill the need.. Of course he is replaceable but I think with them taking a QB in the first there might not be a better talent left in the late second........ provided we have a second rnd pick.

Salute the nation

I might be in the minority here but you can't have ALL PROs at everyposition. Edmonds played better than most give him credit for. It's NOT his fault the STEELERS took him to early in the draft.

If anything be mad at Tombert for that mistake and if Edmonds ends up back here then so be it. He would be reasonably priced and fill the need.. Of course he is replaceable but I think with them taking a QB in the first there might not be a better talent left in the late second........ provided we have a second rnd pick.

Salute the nation
I agree it isn't his fault but how would he get paid more than the two starting CBs if he really is expecting 5M or more when his level of play is barely above average?

I agree it isn't his fault but how would he get paid more than the two starting CBs if he really is expecting 5M or more when his level of play is barely above average?

That is where Mr. Edmunds is using his "draft" position to garner more money. The real thing is he is finding out his market value because teams aren't lining up to sign him. If we don't get the guy draft wise that we want then the STEELERS will make him a fair offer. If he accepts OK, if not we will need to scramble to up-grade.

I think the STEELERS haven't ade an offer due to they plan on drafting a fully capable S.

Salute the nation

Edmunds is and has always been just a guy. If I were Art I would be pissed that they drafted this guy two rounds ahead of where he should have gone. I remember the draft that year and I was like what? Who the **** is this guy and there was a much better option in Justin Reid from Stanford just sitting there. That guy turned out to be a pro bowl player. Also, Lamar Jackson was sitting there. That had to be a major head scratcher for everyone here when they picked Edmunds.