• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Cam Heyward Uses 33rd Birthday To Throw Party For Group Of Local Kids

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Friday is Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end, Cam Heyward’s birthday! But Thursday night, Heyward took the occasion to throw a party for some local kids.

Hosting his annual ‘Cam’s Birthday Bash’ at Dave & Busters on the North Shore, Heyward and the Heyward House brought smiles and joy to some very special local kids. The festivities included games, food, presents and the greatest gift of all, a chance to spend quality time with Heyward and his teammates.

Heyward’s goal is to make sure every child has the chance to feel celebrated and special.

.@CamHeyward's favorite way to celebrate his birthday is to throw a party with some local kids who may need some extra encouragement!

He & @97HeywardHouse are treating a special group of kids to a night of fun at Dave & Buster’s at the annual "Cam's Birthday Bash"! pic.twitter.com/Dgo4QgZy8g

— Steelers Community Relations (@SteelersCR) May 5, 2022

‘Cam Birthday Bash’ began in 2015​

Heyward unselfishly uses his birthday to give back to kids in his community.

“This is a chance to have that one-on-one time with the kids,” said Heyward. “We get to shine the light on them. “I like sharing my birthday more and more as I get older. It’s taken on a life of its own. In the end, they are the focus. It’s fun to have my teammates and I shine a light on them and just enjoy time together. Some of these kids don’t get to have a lot of fun. This is providing a resource for them to kick back, relax and enjoy being around others. They get to be around some Steelers, but more importantly have a great experience and make sure they know people care about them.”

The Heyward House, which also started in 2015 and hosts the annual event, allows Heyward to connect with kids in situations like ones he dealt with growing up. Drawing on the experience of losing his father, former NFL fullback Craig ‘Ironhead’ Heyward as a teenage in 2006. Heyward is sensitive to the struggles parents and children face who may only have one parent in the household.

Heyward’s mother Charlotte Heyward, who raised him and his three brothers, is the Executive Director of the Heyward House.

“It’s an opportunity for Cam, and for anybody, to look within and say ‘I get the opportunity to celebrate my birthday, but how many people don’t’… He has so much fun with these kids.”
“I want to see you do great things in this world.” @CamHeyward pic.twitter.com/f7riODlDDz

Cam Heyward Throws a Party Kids Will Never Forget​

At the party, the kids had dinner and cake from GiGi’s Cupcakes. They got to play some arcade games with a few Steelers as well.

“It gets pretty competitive. Nobody likes to lose, but those kids they are competitive,” said Heyward. “My teammates are never ready for it. It goes back and forth. Sometimes my teammates aren’t ready for it.”

Members of the Steelers in attendance last night included Chuks Okorafor, Mason Rudolph, Pat Freiermuth and Derek Watt.

Ready for some fun & games! pic.twitter.com/DhGXlJwQvL

The Heyward House​

In addition to ‘Cam’s Birthday Bash’, the Heyward House supports the following:

• The Literacy Project
  • COVID Response
  • Voices of Hope Scholarship
  • Acts of Kindness
  • Craig’s Closet
  • Sacks for Kids
  • Helping Local Students

The Heyward house also works with the Southeastern Brain Tumor Foundation, The Boys and Girls Club of Western Pa, Kids Vice, and after school physical fitness programs.

Not only is Cam Heyward a leader in the locker room, he is a leader off the field as well. In 2021, he was a Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee. The award recognizes a player’s off the field contributions as well as their on the field ones. In 2022, Heyward was nominated for the PFWA ‘Good Guy’ Award. You can click here if you would like to get involved with the Heyward House.

From all of us here at Steeler Nation, we would like to wish Cam Heyward a very Happy Birthday! Click to comment below to do the same!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I like Ca Heyward for this reason amongst many others.

Where the hell was TJ ?

Salute the nation