• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Chase Claypool To Announce Team’s Second Round Selection

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The NFL announced that both current and former players of organizations will be announcing draft selections in the second and third rounds of the 2022 NFL Draft. There are several big names on the list such as Barry Sanders, Tony Gonzalez and Emmitt Smith. The Pittsburgh Steelers‘ selection in the second round, #52 overall, will be announced by wide receiver, Chase Claypool.

Ari Meirov posted this list on Twitter.

Steelers Draft List

The Steelers Should Leapfrog Baltimore If The Ravens Don’t Trade Into The Top 10

There is some symbolism here as Claypool was Pittsburgh’s first pick and taken in the second round back in 2020. Since being drafted, Claypool has 121 receptions for 1,733 yards and a total of 13 touchdowns. After a having a down year in 2021, the hope is he can rebound in 2022 and be a pivotal part of the Steelers offense. It is quite possible that the Steelers draft a wide receiver in the second round, which would be even more fitting for Claypool to announce the organization’s selection.

Steelers Chase Claypool

Don Wright/AP

An important thing to keep an eye on is if the team does move up a significant number of spots in the first round to grab a certain player, the second round pick may be included in any trade.

Who are you eyeing for Pittsburgh to pick with their second round selection on Friday evening? Let us know in the comments below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

This is a sign that the Steelers expect Claypool to become a leader on a young Steelers offense, especially as the other presenters are historical faces of their franchises. I hope he continues to make strides that he showed after his blunder vs Minnesota. He has a high ceiling.

Maybe he will break out some great pose he has been working on. Give us a tease for the coming season. Can't wait.

I hope he takes his SWEET time in the announcement !

Salute the nation

This is a sign that the Steelers expect Claypool to become a leader on a young Steelers offense, especially as the other presenters are historical faces of their franchises. I hope he continues to make strides that he showed after his blunder vs Minnesota. He has a high ceiling.

Probably and I hope so. He certainly has the talent and I hope he doesn't waste it being a fool.

Claypool :"And with the 2nd round pick the Steelers select Moore WR"
1 minute later:
Goodell: "the Steelers are trading Claypool for the 53rd pick of the draft"...

Probably and I hope so. He certainly has the talent and I hope he doesn't waste it being a fool.
When the ball hits his hands as in....two hands on the ball.....he needs to not drop it afterwards. Would go a long way for him.

Yeah, I agree. He also needs to quit jumping for a ball that doesn't need jumping for. It's almost like he needs a coach or something.
They don't do coaching. When you're drafted they feel you should already do everything well, which includes position fundamentals...lol.

It seems like that anyway.