• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Claypool and Trubisky Share Emotional Messages on Haskins

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
As SteelerNation continues to mourn the loss of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins we’re starting to hear messages from teammates that were with Haskins hours before his tragic death.

The reason that Haskins was in Boca Raton on Friday was to hangout and practice with new teammate Mitchell Trubisky, and for some team bonding among teammates. Among the players there with Haskins and Trubisky were Najee Harris, Cody White, Pat Freiermuth, Gunner Olszewski, Zach Gentry, Chase Claypool, Kendrick Green, Steven Sims, Anthony Miller, and Benny Snell Jr.

A short time ago Claypool shared an emotional video, and tweet on Haskins.

-A moment of vulnerability-
The moment I realized I had lost a brother.

We are placed on this undesirable pedestal and become treated as if we are anything but human, but It’s okay to not be okay. Allow me to be the example. Love you, 3
🤍
🕊
https://t.co/3ZGehDX49H pic.twitter.com/cIUHCiPM21

— Chase Claypool (@ChaseClaypool) April 9, 2022

Haskins and Claypool are both offensive teammates and likely spent a lot of time working together the past year. We can’t imagine the emotions all of these guys are going through. It’s hard enough to lose a friend, but to be with them hours prior is even more devastating.

Trubisky posted this on Instagram:

Steelers Trubisky

Earlier in the day Freiermuth, and Green posted these messages on IG.

Steelers Haskins Pat

Screenshot_20220409-202413-473x1024.png

We continue to pray for the Haskins family and friends as we all mourn the loss of a fantastic young man.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..