• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Could be Moving on from Duck Hodges

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
By Justin McGonigle www.SteelerNation.com The Steelers signed fifteen players to reserve/futures contracts last week, and their were five familiar names that didn’t get a contract. Those included, QB Duck Hodges, WR Deon Cain, RB Wendell Smallwood, K Matt Wright, and TE Charles Jones. Hodges of course is the biggest name on the list because of […]

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

He is the 4th qb... seriously who cares?

It's the off-season. After the new coaches are hired, it'll be nothing but crackers and crumbs as far as Steelers news until the draft. That's if we don't have any unexpected AB type situations.

I like duck... kid has heart... he isnt going to be a starter, but he has backup potential... he definitely was a long term development guy who we threw in way too early... he is a baker maysfield type with a meh arm. Armstrength can get better.. that being said he wasn’t better than Dobbs or Rudolph...

I like duck... kid has heart... he isnt going to be a starter, but he has backup potential... he definitely was a long term development guy who we threw in way too early... he is a baker maysfield type with a meh arm. Armstrength can get better.. that being said he wasn’t better than Dobbs or Rudolph...

I would have liked to have seen him play with a game plan that just wasn't a bunch of screens last season. Horrible play calling didn't help his cause.

I would have liked to have seen him play with a game plan that just wasn't a bunch of screens last season. Horrible play calling didn't help his cause.

True.. and it has stunted several player evaluations too, but Duck’s limitations aren’t hard to see... the problem is Ben is now at best a short timer... Dobbs is a valuable asset as a knowledge base, and Rudolph is the current potential starter in waiting

There just isn’t a spot for a developmental backup right now... even if Ben Quit tomorrow... we’d either bring in a Vet or draft a guy ...

Spot on analysis but I''m NOT willing to take a chance or a roster spot to find out. DOBBs has past the duck and rightfully so. Time to get on with his Life's work.

Salute the nation

He got his 15 minutes in the NFL and that's a lot more many can say or ask for. There was Duckmania for a couple weeks in Pittsburgh and it was fun. Good for him and where he came from, you never know where he may turn up again.

I would have liked to have seen this team play a game the last two years where the team wasn't hamstrung in some way by the coaching staff.

Hey the guy made a nice living this year (143K) playing the game that he loves. Not too shabby. Best of luck to Duck as he moves on with his life's work.