• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Great Jack Lambert Traumatized Cris Collinsworth "I'm Gonna Kill You"

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers are now less than a week away from the opening of the 2023 regular season and excitement is at an exhilarating high. With all the eyes looking ahead to 2023, Chris Collinsworth spoke with Rich Eisen on The Rich Eisen Show about the feared and famed defense that was 1970s Steelers. The legendary Steel Curtain defense struck fear into offenses for an entire decade, winning four Super Bowls along the way. Considering the amount of overhaul at the 2023 linebacker spot, Collinsworth remembered one of the greatest of all time.

READ MORE

Great little write-up. Thanks!

I think Jack read the name on the back of his jersey the play before………….

Collinsworth was just a rookie, game 2 or 3……… Yeah, JACK knew your name.?

Salute the nation

Nobody should fear going over the middle today. If you do, the defender is more worried about getting a huge fine, than blowing your *** up.

You mean you miss physical football.

Football today is real. Just a lot more…officiated and corporate $$$
Well, it still is somewhat of a collision sport. Yeah, the money ruined it for sure. Just too much, and they still want more. Something has to give when you're investing hundreds of millions of dollars into a single individual to perform. Don't want your investment you just gave millions of guaranteed money to,busted.

Well, it still is somewhat of a collision sport. Yeah, the money ruined it for sure. Just too much, and they still want more. Something has to give when you're investing hundreds of millions of dollars into a single individual to perform. Don't want your investment you just gave millions of guaranteed money to,busted.
Exactly.

These owners are just ensuring their investments are protected. All it takes is one play to jeopardize a career. As a fan I don’t like it. From a business perspective I understand it

Boy that's the truth. All of these billion cheap passing yards are not impressive at all. That got boring awhile back.

These cheap yards add up and will be souring the all-time greats passing yards total In a few years.

Passing yards are easier to get in Mahomes early part of his career than say, even as short a go as Ben Roethlisberger’s.

Same goes for receiving yards for WRs.

Crippling the defense as the “rules” have, definitely obscures the career stats.

Salute the nation

These cheap yards add up and will be souring the all-time greats passing yards total In a few years.

Passing yards are easier to get in Mahomes early part of his career than say, even as short a go as Ben Roethlisberger’s.

Same goes for receiving yards for WRs.

Crippling the defense as the “rules” have, definitely obscures the career stats.

Salute the nation
It's like night and day compared to the past. **** a 300 yard passing game is a pretty standard thing now.

How come we never get to see any interviews from Lambert? He's still alive, right? What is he, some hermit that doesn't want to have anything to do with journalists/reporters?

How come we never get to see any interviews from Lambert? He's still alive, right? What is he, some hermit that doesn't want to have anything to do with journalists/reporters?

He's living the quiet life. A very private man. Doesn't talk much about football anymore to people.

He's in small town northeast of Pittsburgh about 4 miles from my hometown of Kittanning which sits 44 mile up the Allegheny from Pittsburgh. His daughter's went to high school in Kittanning. I don't know the man personally, but I do know he just doesn't do interviews anymore.
I don't see him doing any events other than some signings in the past.

Probably got tired on rehashing times long gone.

He's living the quiet life. A very private man. Doesn't talk much about football anymore to people.

He's in small town northeast of Pittsburgh about 4 miles from my hometown of Kittanning which sits 44 mile up the Allegheny from Pittsburgh. His daughter's went to high school in Kittanning. I don't know the man personally, but I do know he just doesn't do interviews anymore.
I don't see him doing any events other than some signings in the past.

Probably got tired on rehashing times long gone.
West Hills? Applewold?