• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers HC Mike Tomlin Talks Chargers, Injury Updates, Bengals and more

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers head coach, Mike Tomlin took to the media Tuesday afternoon for his weekly press conference once again. He spoke on the Sunday night thriller against the Los Angeles Chargers, gave injury updates, and spoke about the importance of the upcoming divisional battle against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Despite Sunday night’s loss, Tomlin expressed how appreciative he was of the team’s efforts against the Chargers, despite being so shorthanded defensively. On the offensive side of the ball, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was able to deliver a more than substantial performance in limited preparation, throwing for 273 yards and 3 touchdowns, while Miles Killebrew and the the special teams unit continued their stellar play this season as well with another blocked punt.

As far as injuries go, Tomlin mentioned that there were two in-game injuries that took place against the Chargers, including tight end, Eric Ebron, and offensive lineman, JC Hassenauer. Both will be listed as “questionable” heading into this week, and they will be further evaluated during practice between now and Friday.

As for guys who’ve already been out recently, Tomlin expressed that we should see guys back this week on the practice field, including Minkah Fitzpatrick, TJ Watt, Joe Haden, and Isaiahh Loudermilk.

Coach Tomlin was also asked about the recent play of inside linebacker, Devin Bush, who has been under heavy criticism in recent weeks. Tomlin simply expressed that he was, “pleased with his consistent availability” as he continues to further recover from his ACL injury from 2020.

Moving back to the offensive side of the ball, Tomlin was asked if offensive lineman, B.J. Finney would be available for the team this week, which Tomlin confirmed. Finney will battle it out in practice this week with Joe Haeg to see who will be the team’s starting left guard as Kevin Dotson is still listed on IR. Tomlin mentioned that he liked Haeg’s versatility, but he was a bit exposed in the final moments of the Chargers game.

Finally, Tomlin spoke on the Bengals, and how the Steelers are not pretending like this is not a big game. The Steelers realize the implications of what this game means, and they are very aware of what happened back in Week 3. He highlighted the elevated play of safety, Jessie Bates III, running back, Joe Mixon, and former Steelers defensive back, Mike Hilton.

“There’s a little bit more sugar on this one.”

Watch the full press conference here:

#LIVE: Coach Tomlin addresses the media ahead of our game against the Bengals. https://t.co/mmiLPqLGsC

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) November 23, 2021

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

He is pleased with Bush's consistent availability. Good grief 😔
Put me at Kicker Mike. I won't make their 35 on Kickoffs and at best I might hit a PAT with a shitload of practice. But you will be very impressed with my availability.
Make it happen I would get a kick... out of it.😁

Nice write up Bill !!!

There is always that bullshit response to contend with, Pleased with his availability. Maybe there is still something wrong with BUSH but somewhere in there you have to figure out the line of detriment vs productivity. Right now detriment is winning hands down, 101 coaching.

Salute the nation

PS

Nothing on Banner or Tuitt............... go figure.

As crass as this may sound about Tuitt, maybe package a future trade deal to get draft picks (a 3rd and 7th or maybe a 4th and 6th&7th.?) He (stephon) needs to be on the field or IR'd to clear the roster spot.

I feel for him but the game does go on.

Salute the nation

If availability is your only ability, is it still the best ability?

Makes sense why Mikey’s tenure continues...he’s available
For every game too...that’s all that matters anymore I guess...and as long as there are available butts for seats (And it’s still a long waiting list right?) at the Ketchup bottle I suspect nothing changes.

I guess I’ll just be thankful for availability and mediocrity this year!

Everyone ******* about his press conferences, but what exactly do you want him to say? He's never been one to call out a player to the media, but who knows what's being said behind closed doors. ****, Belicheat doesn't say a God damn thing in his, just grunts and makes a few noises and people love it...

At least Tomlin says nothing with style