• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Heading Back to Latrobe

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Last season the Pittsburgh Steelers were not allowed to travel for training camp. So that meant they weren’t able to host training camp at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. Instead they were forced to hold camp at Heinz Field.

That won’t be the case this season. The team will be allowed to travel this season for training camp according to a memo sent to NFL teams on Friday.

Steelers President Art Rooney II had acknowledged earlier this year that his hope would be for the team to be able to get back to St. Vincent.

“As we sit here today, our plan is to have training camp in Latrobe,” Rooney II said to Steelers.com in February. “We still have a ways to go to get there, but I think there’s a pretty good chance that’s going to be able to happen. We’re still hopeful we’re going to have some form of offseason program, and it’s probably not going to start on time but I think it’s important particularly for the young players that we get back to having an offseason program and then a full training camp and preseason games. I think we need to have that to help the young players continue to develop.”
Here’s the full memo, which also clarifies that restrictions on gatherings away from the facility will be relaxed during the offseason, allowing vaccinated staff members to gather with other vaccinated staff members, and players with other players, but no mixing of the two. pic.twitter.com/8Mi9kpVSs9

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) May 7, 2021

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I love training camp in Latrobe.

They need a training camp to get all this GREAT talent we got in the draft & UDFAs to weed out and gel.

Latrobe needs training camp as well

I need training camp

Salute the nation

St. Vincent was on lock down like 1.5 weeks ago due to COVID. Hopefully things will be clear by then

Life is returning back to normal it seems. Good to hear

Funny, the priest at our parish saw my Steelers tie on one of the last Sundays before Covid. He said he attended the Seminary at St. Vincent and had all kinds of stories about the Steelers. He was straight from the Philippians, and didn't fully get it at the time, but now he is a big Steelers fan.

Funny, the priest at our parish saw my Steelers tie on one of the last Sundays before Covid. He said he attended the Seminary at St. Vincent and had all kinds of stories about the Steelers. He was straight from the Philippians, and didn't fully get it at the time, but now he is a big Steelers fan.
If you are talking about the Baltimore game on Oct 6 2019 (my birthday trip) , apologize to your priest for language he may have heard when Earl Thomas knocked out Mason Rudolph or when Tomlin deferred in overtime.... I will go to confession and say 10 Hail Mary's as penance.......in keeping with NFL / Catholic protocol.

If you are talking about the Baltimore game on Oct 6 2019 (my birthday trip) , apologize to your priest for language he may have heard when Earl Thomas knocked out Mason Rudolph or when Tomlin deferred in overtime.... I will go to confession and say 10 Hail Mary's as penance.......in keeping with NFL / Catholic protocol.
Good Catholic plan. My Steelers prayers rarely work because Tom Brady sold his soul to Saten for a fistful of rings.