• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Honor “Mean” Joe Greene on 75th Birthday

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Players, coaches, and front office members from the Pittsburgh Steelers, past and present, all took to social media to wish the legendary “Mean” Joe Greene a very happy 75th birthday on Friday. Greene (who wore #75 which is now retired), is arguably the most influential player in franchise history to rock the black and gold.

Greene was a Steeler his entire career, playing from 1969-1981. He won four Super Bowls, was named Defensive Player of the Year, twice, earned five First Team All-Pro selections, three Second Team All-Pro selections, 10 Pro Bowl selections, and a plethora of other accolades.

In the video below, you can see appearances from Steelers head coach, Mike Tomlin, WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, EDGE TJ Watt, DT Cam Heyward, CB Joe Haden, and many other legends including team president, Art Rooney II. Watch:

Wishing a happy 75th birthday to #⃣7⃣5⃣!

Hope your birthday is as legendary as you are! pic.twitter.com/BP930AOYMu

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) September 24, 2021

Steelers defensive captain, Cam Heyward is even seen honoring Greene at practice today rocking #75!

Today is a great day to wear a Joe Greene jersey
🔥
pic.twitter.com/ZqK63Ds0tC

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) September 24, 2021

What is your favorite Greene moment or memory? Click to comment below! And happy birthday, Mean Joe!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

should win for mean joe wear retro jerseys

Simply the best and not just on the field of play..............................

His Super Bowl commercial is still voted consistantly # 1 best ever !!!!!!

Thanks Mean Joe !!!

Salute the nation

Simply the best and not just on the field of play..............................

His Super Bowl commercial is still voted consistantly # 1 best ever !!!!!!

Thanks Mean Joe !!!

Salute the nation

.....Hey kid, catch. Thanks Mean Joe.

I was 9 years old in 1980. I was expecting us to win the superbowl every year by that 4th one. Man that was a long wait.

Mean Joe Greene. I was too young to have seen him live - but from watching/reading everything since, that was an incredibly special player, and person.

They apparently don't come along too often, but I would put my money on Cam Heyward to somewhat fill those shoes.