• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Ink New Punter Signing Former Texan Cameron Johnston

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have reportedly came to terms with Houston Texans free agent punter Cameron Johnston. Johnston comes with a connection to the Steelers as he was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the Philadelphia Eagles when Assistant General Manager Andy Weidl was there. Pittsburgh continues to add players with the Philadelphia connection after adding several last offseason.

READ MORE

Solid move. He'll be an upgrade and I like going to proven route over taking a chance on a college punter.

There will be a UDFA college punter too or some dude from Australia

And I’m certain Tomlin will keep the best option as he always does

That’s how the Steelers free agent…a punter signing!!! Woo Hoo

They signed him for 3 years and 9 million dollars. There will be no competition. The job is his.
Holy cap mismanagement!!!
That's the big FA splash then.
must have some compromising pics of Weidl

Or we just plan on punting a whole lot, also likely.

Last edited:
The Pittsburgh Steelers have reportedly came to terms with Houston Texans free agent punter Cameron Johnston. Johnston comes with a connection to the Steelers as he was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the Philadelphia Eagles when Assistant General Manager Andy Weidl was there. Pittsburgh continues to add players with the Philadelphia connection after adding several last offseason.

READ MORE
SB BOUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get Taylor from Iowa

I’d bet he has a better STEELERS career thn Presley 3rd.

salute the nation

His leg will get worn out punting 6 times per game.

Holy cap mismanagement!!!
That's the big FA splash then.
must have some compromising pics of Weidl

Or we just plan on punting a whole lot, also likely.
We are going from one of the worst punters in the league to a top 10 guy. I’m ok with it. Our punting has been a nightmare and really has helped contribute to us losing games. Johnston should turn that around.

Totally agree having a competent punter changes the game. KC and Baltimore were booming punts in the AFCCG

We are going from one of the worst punters in the league to a top 10 guy. I’m ok with it. Our punting has been a nightmare and really has helped contribute to us losing games. Johnston should turn that around.
we only had one of the worst punters cuz Shades blinked and kept the wrong guy
Punters are a dime a dozen
Unless you live in your fears and then they are 3 million a year cuz previous player evals blew chunks

Not arguing he isn't good
Just that it's a dumb way to blow cap space