• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Interview Louis Riddick At Combine

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It’s been known for a few weeks that the Pittsburgh Steelers were interested in interviewing ESPN analyst, and former Director of Personnel Louis Riddick. But it wasn’t know when the team did, or would interview him.

That changed today with the team announcing that an interview has taken place at the Combine.

We interviewed Louis Riddick for our General Manager position this week.

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) March 3, 2022

He adds to a huge list of candidates that the Steelers have been interviewing for nearly two months. These are all of the candidates.

Omar Khan-Vice president of football & business administration, Pittsburgh Steelers

Brandon Hunt-Pro personnel coordinator, Pittsburgh Steelers

Ryan Cowden-Vice president of player personnel, Tennessee Titans

Ed Dodds-Assistant general manager, Indianapolis Colts

JoJo Wooden-Director of player personnel, Los Angeles Chargers

Louis Riddick-ESPN NFL analyst, former director of player personnel, Philadelphia Eagles

Morocco Brown-Director of college scouting, Indianapolis Colts

John Wojciechowski-Co-director of player personnel, Green Bay Packers

John Spytek-Vice President of player personnel, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Dan Morgan-Assistant general manager, Carolina Panthers

Ran Carthon-San Francisco 49ers director of pro personnel

Joe Hortiz-Baltimore Ravens director of college scouting

Andy Weidl-Philadelphia Eagles vice preside of player personnel

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Nice article and thanks for the list of candidates.

I don't know who the best candidate is but I sure hope who ever he is he has a background that is deversified and heavy in scouting / talent aqusition. I'm also hoping they make the decision very VERY soon for him to get aclimated.

Salute the nation

Last edited:
As this process continues, I still find it mind boggling a new GM could potentially be stuck with a new QB. Colbert could trade multiple high picks for a franchise guy, later picks for a guy like Jimmy G., sign a mid-tier guy, trade for a QB in the draft. Just absolutely insane. A new GM could make a potential QB addition this offseason into a one-year option if he wants to bring his own guy in. I know Tomlin has a huge say in the talent acquisitions as well, but still...

I really hope they go outside the organization but I still think Hunt and Khan will be staying. Khan is one of the best dealing with the cap.

I wanted the Steelers to hire him in any capacity for the last year…

Not sure they’re going to hire him because they interviewed them at the combine. I don’t know if that’s telling, but Louis would be an incredible hire. I have watched him talk on TV and this man knows his football and more importantly he knows what the Steelers are all about. Keep your cap guy to deal with the cap…

He is no nonsense and he’s all about the business. He is the best candidate period who just so happens to be black…

Do you want change? Give this man the job

I wanted the Steelers to hire him in any capacity for the last year…

Not sure they’re going to hire him because they interviewed them at the combine. I don’t know if that’s telling, but Louis would be an incredible hire. I have watched him talk on TV and this man knows his football and more importantly he knows what the Steelers are all about. Keep your cap guy to deal with the cap…

He is no nonsense and he’s all about the business. He is the best candidate period who just so happens to be black…

Do you want change? Give this man the job
Wouldn't read to much into that. They were required to get all of their interviews with candidates who are already on someone else's staff completed by March 1st. I figure they made sure they did that; and then interviewed Riddick at the Combine because there was not time limit on when they could interview him.

Louis Riddick knows his stuff. He is a football guy. Front office experience with the Eagles and Commanders in Pro Personnel. Terrific analyst. They need someone from the outside. A fresh pair of eyes if you will.

Louis Riddick knows his stuff. He is a football guy. Front office experience with the Eagles and Commanders in Pro Personnel. Terrific analyst. They need someone from the outside. A fresh pair of eyes if you will.
Any concern with how long he's been out of the game?