• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Matt Canada Takes Crushing Blow From Past NFL GM "He's Not Qualified"

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have had a multitude of superior offensive coordinators since the coaching position was introduced to Pittsburgh in 1983. Names like Bruce Arians, Ron Erhardt, and Kevin Whisenhunt are synonymous with great offensive performances. After Matt Canada took the reigns in 2021, there has been nothing but disappointment. Canada hasn't produced a high-production team yet, and NFL general managers are questioning if he is fit for his job.

READ MORE

Here is the thing. On his weekly Coordinator platform he is saying the offense isn't where it needs to be. He said that most of last year. It's like he thinks he should be fired too. Don't get me wrong, there is more than just Canada. They simply do not have a good coaching staff. Name one quality coach on that staff. I thought the oline guy turned the corner but it was back to the same **** again. It's all substandard.

Nobody really wants to work under Tomlin. He can't attract top coaching talent because they know they will get smothered. Experienced coaches won't work under those conditions.
Tomlin ran off Dick Lebeau and Bruce Ariens. The Tomlin coaching tree resembles a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, Weak and Pathetic. Although, Tomlin found a great coach in Grady Brown and I see him becoming a defensive coordinator in the NFL someday soon. Proving that even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

Tomlin ran off Dick Lebeau and Bruce Ariens. The Tomlin coaching tree resembles a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, Weak and Pathetic. Although, Tomlin found a great coach in Grady Brown and I see him becoming a defensive coordinator in the NFL someday soon. Proving that even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

Once the “good” coaching was gone, this “standard” of play kept magnifying.

As long as the “promotion” from within keeps occurring, this “standard” of play will follow. Until the HC is replaced or something drastic happens, our Standard will remain the Standard.

Most are focused on the OC when in. Reality, the DC is just as bad.

Salute the nation

As long as the “promotion” from within keeps occurring, this “standard” of play will follow. Until the HC is replaced or something drastic happens, our Standard will remain the Standard.

Salute the nation

The team just isn't progressing to championship level. It's been perpetually stuck in the middle for over a decade with the same characteristics.

I think they can fix the defense on stopping the run. They can't fix the offense. That **** needs burned to the ground.

Nobody really wants to work under Tomlin. He can't attract top coaching talent because they know they will get smothered. Experienced coaches won't work under those conditions.
Tomlin is an intractable problem right now. Maybe the biggest problem and barrier to any trace of next level success.

Reactions: xjx
I wouldn't mind Canada taking a crushing blow from a falling piano.

235s3a.jpg

Salute the nation
I dont think the DC is nearly as bad as Canada. I was not a fan of the prevent defense on the Browns last drive, but then they were aggressive again at the 50. I also do not like 2 man fronts, but if they keep doing it I would put that more on Tomlin than the DC. If Tomlin doesnt like it then they would change it. We have a lot of tackling issues but not sure I would put that on the DC. I dont see a lot of difference between Butler / Austin so that tells me it is more Tomlin's defense than anyone elses.

I dont think the DC is nearly as bad as Canada. I was not a fan of the prevent defense on the Browns last drive, but then they were aggressive again at the 50. I also do not like 2 man fronts, but if they keep doing it I would put that more on Tomlin than the DC. If Tomlin doesnt like it then they would change it. We have a lot of tackling issues but not sure I would put that on the DC. I dont see a lot of difference between Butler / Austin so that tells me it is more Tomlin's defense than anyone elses.

Tackling issues, discipline issues and ... somehow our D coordinator and Head Coach (as you note, the actual D coordinator) have not been able to figure out how terrible our personnel are in zone. They are sooooo bad.

The prevent D is all Tomlin. I think many on hear have been complaining about Tomlin going prevent too early instead of sticking to the D that was working during a game for a good decade now. I was screaming at the TV on that last drive. I understand you don't want to give up the big play but you don't give everyone 20 yard cushions and let them move right down to near your 30 with plenty of time left in the game. You keep your safeties deep, if anything, and make them work for it.

Tomlin offers nothing to this team. He is stale and predictable. And because of image we are stuck with him. We know he isn’t going anywhere.

This team will continue to live off past success until a new fresh staff are brought in.

Reactions: xjx