• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Mike Tomlin Has Massive Bogus Excuses To Blame For Blowout Loss To Texans

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers and Steeler Nation have all been searching for answers as to why the team performed so poorly against the Houston Texans. The front seven on defense could not get a sack against CJ Stroud and they let a depleted offensive line push them around, opening holes for Dameon Pierce. Meanwhile, the Steelers offensive line continued to struggle, although they were able to open the run game up a bit. Head Coach Mike Tomlin addressed the lack of physicality right off the bat during his press conference on Tuesday.

READ MORE

The dog ate our game plan.

It's OFFICIAL.....Tomlin is now part of the problem! After the excuse he gave today and the lack of action on his part when it comes to Matt Canada and doing absolutely nothing....I'm officially on the FIRE MIKE TOMLIN bandwagon! Give me that young Texans OC that schooled the Steelers in how to game plan vs an opponent!

It's OFFICIAL.....Tomlin is now part of the problem! After the excuse he gave today and the lack of action on his part when it comes to Matt Canada and doing absolutely nothing....I'm officially on the FIRE MIKE TOMLIN bandwagon! Give me that young Texans OC that schooled the Steelers in how to game plan vs an opponent!

No offence Chico but.......WHERE HAVE ALL OF YOU BEEN FOR YEARS?!?!?!?!?

You know what drives me bonkers? People acting like this problem all of a sudden appeared the last few years. IT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER A DECADE!!!!!!!

I could point out all the losses to lesser opponent's, slow starts to a season, fast starts only to fade away at the end of the season, getting outcoached and thoroughly embarrassed in playoff games , off the field issues, locker room issues etc. but I don't have a week of my time to waste doing it....

Honestly, NOW part of the problem?

No offence Chico but.......WHERE HAVE ALL OF YOU BEEN FOR YEARS?!?!?!?!?

You know what drives me bonkers? People acting like this problem all of a sudden appeared the last few years. IT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER A DECADE!!!!!!!

I could point out all the losses to lesser opponent's, slow starts to a season, fast starts only to fade away at the end of the season, getting outcoached and thoroughly embarrassed in playoff games , off the field issues, locker room issues etc. but I don't have a week of my time to waste doing it....

Honestly, NOW part of the problem?
Yup. I've been kicked out of fb groups, run off of other forums, laughed at at bars, you name it. This train wreck was the only outcome to keeping him this long. He is in way over his head. The next coach will have to be a reincarnation of Chuck Noll to have any hope. We're on the level of the Lions, stains, etc. It's bad.

Big changes coming,,,,,
I was sitting on this some thinking how the HC only thinks players need to play better. His master plan for improvement.

So if the Steelers do make changes it will be because of injury (Cam) or by shoddy performance. (Peterson)

Look for Benton and Peezy Jr. to be elevated to first team very soon.

Only realistic change we can expect is in starters and or playing time.

Tomlin co-signed that offensive plan, if he throws Canada under the bus it can easily backfire if the latter gets canned and spills the beans

Last edited:
Tomlin co-signed that offensive plan, if he throws Canada under the bus it can easily backfire if the latter gets canned and spills the beans
Yep, and obviously Canada isn't meant for the NFL, but Tomlin won't throw him under the bus for now. It will take a cleansing season of 8-9 or worse. And maybe then, Art II will notice things are bad. But even then, Art II isn't Dan so I'm not even sure that would help. $$$$

Pretty sure nobody, I mean absolutely OBVIOUSLY nobody thought a guy like Shades with his minuscule amount of coaching experience could outperform a Wiley old coach like Ryans

Gotta lower them expectations and give him some time guys, he’s still learning the job

Tomlin is the KJP of head coaches.

I was sitting on this some thinking how the HC only thinks players need to play better. His master plan for improvement.

So if the Steelers do make changes it will be because of injury (Cam) or by shoddy performance. (Peterson)

Yep, there will be NO coaching changes. PERIOD

Even if O’Canada calls a great game, he still NEEDS to be fired on the spot. He will regress back to who he is and that is a NON-NFL offensive coordinator. His scheme is proven to fail and his isolation from everyone (including his assistant personel) is more fact he is worthless in regards to his job.

It won’t happen win or lose, O’Canada is here for the duration, so pull up a chair and get ready for some Dumbbb, I mean football.

Salute the nation

Yep, there will be NO coaching changes. PERIOD

Even if O’Canada calls a great game, he still NEEDS to be fired on the spot. He will regress back to who he is and that is a NON-NFL offensive coordinator. His scheme is proven to fail and his isolation from everyone (including his assistant personel) is more fact he is worthless in regards to his job.

It won’t happen win or lose, O’Canada is here for the duration, so pull up a chair and get ready for some Dumbbb, I mean football.

Salute the nation
Besides the crappy scheme I don't like that he is in a booth which intertwines with his lack of healthy interaction with the players. Definitely prefer a more hands on capable X and O guy.

Besides the crappy scheme I don't like that he is in a booth which intertwines with his lack of healthy interaction with the players. Definitely prefer a more hands on capable X and O guy.

Generally speaking, many “fans” think firing O’Canada will instantly fix the problem. It won’t as his scheme will still be here. YES, you can tweak a little as then season progresses, but you will be stuck within the base scheme the entire season. If O’Canada is set free or removed from play calling, whomever is promoted up from with-in……… will just be a puppet of the system.

Regardless of what happen Coaching wise, I see another season of abyss and wasted career year for many players.

Salute the nation

Yup. I've been kicked out of fb groups, run off of other forums, laughed at at bars, you name it. This train wreck was the only outcome to keeping him this long. He is in way over his head. The next coach will have to be a reincarnation of Chuck Noll to have any hope. We're on the level of the Lions, stains, etc. It's bad.

AsCeajZ.gif

Must you be reminded Dj...No losing seasons.!!!

We haven't managed an 0-16 season as did both those teams.

Last edited:

This is 100% correct. Tomlin's answer has always been "players need to play better" and has never REALLY challenged himself or the other coaches (lip service doesn't count). Players have changed. Front office has now changed. The Steelers remain the same. Because Tomlin remains the same.

This is 100% correct. Tomlin's answer has always been "players need to play better" and has never REALLY challenged himself or the other coaches (lip service doesn't count). Players have changed. Front office has now changed. The Steelers remain the same. Because Tomlin remains the same.

I’ve always to my employees if you are sitting still, you are going backwards. This organization has been doing just that.

Salute the nation

Generally speaking, many “fans” think firing O’Canada will instantly fix the problem. It won’t as his scheme will still be here. YES, you can tweak a little as then season progresses, but you will be stuck within the base scheme the entire season. If O’Canada is set free or removed from play calling, whomever is promoted up from with-in……… will just be a puppet of the system.

Regardless of what happen Coaching wise, I see another season of abyss and wasted career year for many players.

Salute the nation
I agree w/ this to an extent, but better play calling could sure help. I do not think it would be that difficult to implement a few wrinkles. Can not be that hard to add a few plays slants, crosses, etc etc to various formations. The biggest challenge might be to change the blocking scheme, but I would think they could change to a basic scheme then slowly add to it. Something like smash into the guy in front of you is better than what they have now.

I agree w/ this to an extent, but better play calling could sure help. I do not think it would be that difficult to implement a few wrinkles. Can not be that hard to add a few plays slants, crosses, etc etc to various formations. The biggest challenge might be to change the blocking scheme, but I would think they could change to a basic scheme then slowly add to it. Something like smash into the guy in front of you is better than what they have now.

We are saying near the same thing. I want O’Canada gone, then Tomlin replaced very soon. This captain mediocrity / no adjustment / no game planning / no talent level coached up / ”if you don’t know by now, we can’t help yaz” mentality is just bonkers for a professional NFL team worth 6+ BILLION dollars.

Salute the nation