• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Mike Tomlin Not Pleased With Pressley Harvin's Poor Punting In Opening Loss

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The results were ugly for the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 1. That went for essentially everyone, even the special teams unit. One of them specifically was the punting situation, something the team had to use often due to the offense’s struggles. The team wanted to figure out the past issues this summer, as former draft pick Pressley Harvin III and Braden Mann battled it out in a months-long competition.

READ MORE

Yep, my question too! Cut this ****** and bring back Mann if he’s available.
Also, Tomlin said in his presser that the OL played well. What the hell was Tomlin watching???

Yeah if Tomlin plans on playing that poorly going forward, he definitely needs to focus on the punting situation because there will be a lot of them!

yeah, the punter is the ******* issue.

not the goddamned OC

the punter, who shouldn't even be on the field if the offense was effective.

excellent priorities.

Hey, I'm glad he called out the punter as the problem. Great insight.

Here I was thinking it was terrible play calling, poor QB performance behind an unsteady OL, a porous run D that was barely worse than the poorly performing secondary, and the early injury to Heyward.

Did he also call out the penalty on the long snapper?

No fat punters in the record books.

"So Mike, your team was routed 30-7, and the score was that close only because the 49ers took their foot off the gas early in the 4th quarter. What's your plan to fix that?"

Tomlin: "I am going to complain about the punter. He's not above the line. He's below the line. He doesn't even see the line. The punter was JV. No, not JV just J. Because he's not doing the adequate things adequately or the stellar things stellar ... ly."

"Are you cutting Harvin?"

Tomlin:
44BCEAB200000578-4921570-image-a-8_1506436254206.jpg

"Wait, what? I can do that?"

Best punter in the league 70% of the time, worst punter in the league 30% of the time.

Sorry guys, you are playing hindsight HC here. Harvin kicked the **** out of Mann in pre season. I don't know if we just need to keep 2 punters on the roster so he has a fire under his *** all season...

HArvin has had a free pass due to his draft and pedigree. Does anyone really think Mann had a fair chance at up-ending Harvin.?

It’s game time that counts and Harvin has a game time tick that isn’t positive.

Salute the nation

Sorry guys, you are playing hindsight HC here. Harvin kicked the **** out of Mann in pre season. I don't know if we just need to keep 2 punters on the roster so he has a fire under his *** all season...

I think Presley Harvin has a game time tick, that nervousness not to screw up. It ends up causing him to over think and thus the results. When he isn’t in that competitive state, relaxed sort of way…… he BOOMs them.

The coaching is where they need to get him over that and if not, may have to move on.

Salute the nation

It's as close to a closed skill as you get in this sport. If Tomlin cannot figure out if he has a punter after two seasons and a pre season......what more do you need.

Yes, the hindsight of two seasons of producing similar poor punts that give opponents short fields at important times on a regular basis.