• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Name Isaac Williams as New Assistant Offensive Line Coach

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Tuesday, the Pittsburgh Steelers continued to stay busy in their off-season push as they named a new assistant offensive line coach in Isaac Williams:

We have named Isaac Williams as our assistant offensive line coach.

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) March 15, 2022

Williams was most recently at North Carolina Central University as the offensive line coach in 2021. He also coached at Morgan State from 2018 to 2020, and Northern Colorado from 2016 to 2017.

Williams will join newly named Steelers offensive line coach, Pat Meyer in helping revamp this young line for Pittsburgh. Welcome, coach!

More to come.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

We brought in a guy from North Carolina Central University to address one of the greatest weaknesses on our team - the O-Line....

Not from another NFL team...not from Alabama or Clemson or Ohio State or....

From NCCU?

200.webp

We brought in a guy from North Carolina Central University to address one of the greatest weaknesses on our team - the O-Line....

Not from another NFL team...not from Alabama or Clemson or Ohio State or....

From NCCU?

200.webp
We brought in a guy from NCCU to be the understudy/assistant/protege to the guy we brought in to coach the O-Line. Williams is the exact type of guy you'd hire for this position. A younger guy with coaching experience at the college level who is looking to break into the NFL. He's not running ****. He's not making personnel decisions. He's a hired helper.

We brought in a guy from NCCU to be the understudy/assistant/protege to the guy we brought in to coach the O-Line. Williams is the exact type of guy you'd hire for this position. A younger guy with coaching experience at the college level who is looking to break into the NFL. He's not running ****. He's not making personnel decisions. He's a hired helper.

Fair enough, but where are the details on why this guy stands out above O-Line coaches at 376 other colleges with better pedigrees? Anyone have any background on his successes? I admittedly know nothing about him. Who does?

Fair enough, but where are the details on why this guy stands out above O-Line coaches at 376 other colleges with better pedigrees? Anyone have any background on his successes? I admittedly know nothing about him. Who does?
I put up a post awhile back (maybe a couple of weeks). But, it appears that other folks the Steelers contacted about interviewing for the job turned them down. The reason?
Apparently Matt Canada is a prick to work with/for. The guy that left to go work for the Bears didn't stick around long enough to interview for the OL Coach job because of it. Lolley stated in a blurb that Canad doesn't watch film with his position coaches. He has them watch separate from him and then sends them that week's game plan. Anyway, a lot of candidates, including an unnamed former Steelers player, just didn't want to work with Matt Canada.

I put up a post awhile back (maybe a couple of weeks). But, it appears that other folks the Steelers contacted about interviewing for the job turned them down. The reason?
Apparently Matt Canada is a prick to work with/for. The guy that left to go work for the Bears didn't stick around long enough to interview for the OL Coach job because of it. Lolley stated in a blurb that Canad doesn't watch film with his position coaches. He has them watch separate from him and then sends them that week's game plan. Anyway, a lot of candidates, including an unnamed former Steelers player, just didn't want to work with Matt Canada.
WHHHHHYYYYYYYY? I would rather have Todd Haley back. I'm not really kidding either.

If this **** is true about Canada AND he sucks as bad as he does, we have a problem that needs to be solved.

If that's true he has to go. No excuse for that BS. I hate him but Bill Belichick is famous for watching film over and over and over...16 hours in a day sometimes with his coaches to replay mistakes, critiques and scheme.

There's a good chance he will be when the Steelers allow the current coaches' contract to run out.

Whatever dude. Tomlin sucks and you are his lackey. Both of you lack any semblance of intelligence .
That's not true. @bermudasteel can semble with the best of them. And Tomlin can dissemble better than most.

Teabag ? Figures you would obsess about teabagging. Stupid and gay is your milieu..

Time to ignore your infantile posts, go back to your dicks

Teabag ? Figures you would obsess about teabagging. Stupid and gay is your milieu..

Time to ignore your infantile posts, go back to your dicks
I'm from Bermuda, a British Commonwealth. We drink tea in the afternoon, mate.

Elevate your education before you assume that that statement is of homophobic nature. Got it, Skippy???