• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Opening Day Roster Now Has "Good Chance" Of Justin Fields Being On It

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers shocked the Steel City, as well as much of the NFL when they traded former first-round pick Kenny Pickett prior to the start of his third season. This trade comes on the heels of the signing of Super Bowl-winning quarterback Russell Wilson, who was said to be competing with Pickett for the starting job. The signing of Wilson ended all of the rumors that the Steelers were interested in acquiring Justin Fields from the Chicago Bears, but now Pickett's trade has rumors stirred up again and at least one insider thinks it is more likely than some think.

READ MORE

NOOOOOOOOOO thank you ........

draft someone who can throw first .........run second

Reactions: xjx
Man I have a feeling that’s the route they will go and get him for that third round pick.
Shades loves Fields so keep an eye out on this one.

If they trade a premium asset for Fields and he flops, then firings should follow... id tell them to take one of those sevenths we got for pickett or suck it... make it a add conditional fourth next year if he starts more than half our games ...

If they trade a premium asset for Fields and he flops, then firings should follow... id tell them to take one of those sevenths we got for pickett or suck it... make it a add conditional fourth next year if he starts more than half our games ...
I would be absolutely shocked and flabbergasted if Kahn did that...

Are they going to use advanced medicine to graft his legs onto Wilson. Only way I'm making that deal.

No one is trading a premium pick for Fields. Worth nothing more than a day 3 selection.

I slept on this thought...

While there is a possibility, me now thinks the likelihood of it happening is minimal to none.

I've been wrong in the past, admittedly, but the trading of Kenny only makes me think (more) that Penix is now priority one.

Big heart player with a big arm and he's a natural leader.

We shall see...

I genuinely would rather have only one qb (I know, won't happen) than to have the wrong one under contract for large dollars for a long time.

While there is a possibility, me now thinks the likelihood of it happening is minimal to none.

I've been wrong in the past, admittedly, but the trading of Kenny only makes me think (more) that Penix is now priority one.

We shall see...
I followed Penix pretty closely as a Huskie fan. You have described him perfectly,great story.
What I would be concerned about in the next level for him is his huge lack of mobility. The Huskies surrounded him with a great Oline. His next team had better do the same. Obviously his injury history is there as well. Shall be interesting.

I followed Penix pretty closely as a Huskie fan. You have described him perfectly,great story.
What I would be concerned about in the next level for him is his huge lack of mobility. The Huskies surrounded him with a great Oline. His next team had better do the same. Obviously his injury history is there as well. Shall be interesting.

This means stay the course. Keep building the OL. If they can snag him in round two,do it, but don't go with half measures on the OL. That's bitten them in the *** clear back to their last superbowl appearance.

We shall see...
I was wrong on THIS post...

well Omar doing Omar things. I guess we should not be surprised by splash trades any longer. There is no historical reference for us as Steeler fans to see this type of roster turnover.