• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Pat Freiermuth Looking For A Major Upgrade At One Specific Skill As He Studies Travis Kelce And George Kittle

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers tight end position was filled with mediocrity in the years following Heath Miller’s retirement. The two-time Pro Bowler retired back in 2016, leaving a huge hole as Ben Roethlisberger’s security blanket. Miller spent all 11 seasons with Pittsburgh and Roethlisberger, as he ended his career with 6,569 receiving yards and 45 touchdowns.

READ MORE

I disagree that Muth will be learning anything from the, "youngster". He did attend that camp and sure he might pick up a few helpful hints from the vets. That I would buy into moreso.

He is already heading in the right direction with improvements on both sides of the ball.

I was pleasantly surprised with Freiermuth's blocking ranking. To hear some talk, he would be in the bottom of the league. I don't think he will reach the level of a Kelce or Kittle, but if he can firmly establish himself in the tier 2 group as the No. 4-6 TE in the league, that'd be terrific. The Steelers need to do a better job using him in the red zone, particularly inside the 10. He's money in that territory.

It’s a pretty good article, well worth the read.

I think in a micro-small way he can pull something from the young rookie, but would avert my Developement on minuscule things.

Muuuth has the right idea of seeing what Kelse & Kittle have to offer in respects of picking and learning.

Salute the nation

I'd rather hear that both Muth and Washington are doing their learnin' from those paid to teach them, i.e. Alfredo Roberts et. al.
I always take it that it is that, and the other mentions are just is in addition to. You want these young Steelers going outside the box for additional fine tuning.

Jesse James was a decent tight end. I'd give him a nod above "mediocre".

And he caught the ducking ball.