• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Possible Free Agent Target Reportedly Agrees To Sign Franchise Tag And Explore Lucrative Trade

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers were extremely lucky that cornerback Joey Porter Jr. fell into the second round of the 2023 NFL Draft. The organization has been desperate for a true lockdown corner for a long time and the Penn State product showed flashes of being a franchise guy at the position going forward in his rookie season. It was nearly a miracle that he slipped out of the initial round as an up-and-coming prospect, but holes remain for General Manager Omar Khan and Head Coach Mike Tomlin. The biggest question is if they will make a big move in free agency or the 2024 NFL Draft.

READ MORE

Seems highly unlikely on either count, but a virtual impossibility if the requirement is both a lucrative deal and a mass purging of draft capital for the acquisition.
Cheap AF deuce won't be pulling down that road when we need all those inexpensive picks to fill the many holes on the roster.

I feel like it is a done deal bringing him here via trade. Anyone else feel that also?🙄

Can’t afford him, that’s my stance.

Would our defensive scheme fit him or would he fit it?

Bring him here and underutilize him, like other great players.

CAN he play ILB Or Center ?

Salute the nation

Yeah, i liked targeting him as a free agent, but you dont pay out a premium contract and give away premium assets to do so... they have a young potential CB 1... they dont need this kind of asset sink to find a second outside starter
Not when there is good corners available in free agency without giving up compensation. Get one of those.

Steelers should have kept Steven Nelson

He started the trend of STEELERS players being over looked for DPOY, didn't have enough win-rate I guess....................................

Salute the nation

I think we'll be fine with Darius Rush getting a full workout of camp after getting his feet wet last year. dude was pretty good in college and has the size and length of today's prototypical CB.

I think we'll be fine with Darius Rush getting a full workout of camp after getting his feet wet last year. dude was pretty good in college and has the size and length of today's prototypical CB.
Hoping between Rush and Trice at least one of the two pans out and makes his mark next season

Both have interesting potential

Hoping between Rush and Trice at least one of the two pans out and makes his mark next season

Both have interesting potential
I think I have a little more confidence in Trice than Rush. Not that they won't look closely at both.

I think I have a little more confidence in Trice than Rush. Not that they won't look closely at both.
I like his skill set better too, hopefully he can return healthy and stay healthy

That would be icing on last year's draft cake.

My biggest concern is the rookie injury. How many miss rookie season and comeback fully.

In a few short weeks, many will forget and then try to compare / expect a second year player performance.

“The Crowd is fickle, my brother”

Salute the nation

It should be obvious to everyone that the Steelers aren't spending enough $$$$ on the defense.
Signing Sneed should be a no brainer, right?