• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Potential Trade Landing Spot For 2 Big Name Tampa Bay Cornerbacks

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
Cornerback was a major need for the Pittsburgh Steelers heading into the offseason. While they were able to quickly replace the departure of Cam Sutton with Patrick Peterson, they still had some work to do. General Manager Omar Khan addressed the concerns in a big way, as he scooped up two established Big 10 cornerbacks in the 2023 NFL Draft.

READ MORE

I doubt Tampa is selling. Not that I don't like their corners.

I think the Steelers are content with Wallace starting and really want to throw JPJ into the fire and let him grow as the starter with Peterson filling the Cam Sutton role, doing a little bit of everything. On paper, the Steelers should have a strong pass rush, a good veteran with Peterson and an excellent safety with Fitzpatrick. WIth those factors in place, Porter Jr. should have a good chance to have a successful rookie season. He doesn't need to be a Sauce Gardner and be the best CB in the league year 1, but just an average starter would be a great starting point for him moving forward.

I tend to agree with the sentiment of the author that it isn’t a need at all… let’s pretend the two Cbs mentioned by the national nitwits weren’t super expensive, both on 50 million dollars contracts… the Steelers just don’t have a need there right now.
A. Wallace is a legit starter in the NFL
B. The Steelers just added PatPete via free agency
C. The Steelers just spent the equivalent of a first round pick on one in the draft
D. They brought back Pierre, who is a good corner in his own right
E. They also look to have a potential gem in their 7th round pick and need a roster spot for him… which already may be hard to do without adding more

Yeah slot is a question mark… but slot CBs are also a dime a dozen and play there doesn’t really matter…which is why those guys are so cheap…

And frankly between the slot vets they have, Peterson, and a couple of the practice squad guys who they really like, slot will be ok without adding another huge cap hit to the defense

Pass I think by october Porter will be ready to start

No more dept / cap hits.

We need Highsmith extended 1st and fore most.

Coukld send cooooch out, armed with LeVeon Bell to trade for them……………..

Salute the nation

I tend to agree with the sentiment of the author that it isn’t a need at all… let’s pretend the two Cbs mentioned by the national nitwits weren’t super expensive, both on 50 million dollars contracts… the Steelers just don’t have a need there right now.
A. Wallace is a legit starter in the NFL
B. The Steelers just added PatPete via free agency
C. The Steelers just spent the equivalent of a first round pick on one in the draft
D. They brought back Pierre, who is a good corner in his own right
E. They also look to have a potential gem in their 7th round pick and need a roster spot for him… which already may be hard to do without adding more

Yeah slot is a question mark… but slot CBs are also a dime a dozen and play there doesn’t really matter…which is why those guys are so cheap…

And frankly between the slot vets they have, Peterson, and a couple of the practice squad guys who they really like, slot will be ok without adding another huge cap hit to the defense
They called PatPete a fossil

Uhh, sure. Except that Steelers already have:
  • Patrick Peterson
  • Levi Wallace
  • James Pierre
  • Joey Porter, Jr.
  • Corey Trice
What other team is concerned about CB6 right now?

• Patrick Peterson
  • Levi Wallace
  • James Pierre
  • Joey Porter, Jr.
  • Corey Trice

National nitwits ignore anyone without starting pedigree and cannot comprehend that young guys get better and eventually can hold tgeir own. They also don’t understand salary cap… basically typical teenage girls on theoretical a shopping spree at the mall..

• Patrick Peterson
  • Levi Wallace
  • James Pierre
  • Joey Porter, Jr.
  • Corey Trice
I love the "problems" that we have right now.

I expect growing pains but you are solid at safety and the front four is among best in the league.

An article spewing stuff that probably has less of .0000000001 chance of ever happening. Besides that it was a nice read.