• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers QB Josh Dobbs Launches ASTROrdinary Dobbs Foundation

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It feels like the forgotten man in the quarterback room for the Pittsburgh Steelers has become five-year veteran, Josh Dobbs.

Dobbs, 27, was drafted by the Steelers in the fourth round (135th overall) in the 2017 NFL Draft out of the University of Tennessee. He had a brief stint with the Jacksonville Jaguars back in 2019 after being traded for a fifth round pick, but eventually returned to the Steelers in 2020. 2021 was the final year of his contract and Dobbs is set to become a free agent this month. With the continuing ongoing conversation about who the Steelers’ next franchise quarterback will be now that 18-year veteran Ben Roethlisberger has announced his retirement, Dobbs seems to be the odd man out with both Mason Rudolph and Dwayne Haskins ahead of him on the depth chart, and even more chatter this off-season about bringing in more competition at the position via free agency, the NFL Draft, and/or trade. This however is not stopped Dobbs in his pursuit to be not just impactful on the field, but off of it too.

This week, Dobbs introduced the launch of his charity, ASTROrdinary Dobbs Foundation.

ASTROordinary is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting, encouraging, and inspiring all members of the community, particularly the youth, through educational, economical, professional, and recreational empowerment.

Athletics and Academics have provided me a tremendous platform to positively impact the lives’ of others, for which I am extremely grateful.

Today, I’m excited to announce the LAUNCH of my Charitable Foundation:@AstrordinaryDF

🗣
:https://t.co/re7wuTCZd4 pic.twitter.com/pOIWNYPZwM

— Josh Dobbs (@josh_dobbs1) March 2, 2022

Dobbs majored in aerospace engineering during his time at Tennessee. He was a 4.0 grade point average student and knew he wanted to impact others. ASTROrdinary functions as a grant-making foundation to other charitable organizations and will also fund and implement outreach projects.

“The goals for my foundation are very simple,” Joshua said. “We will support, encourage, and inspire all members of the community, particularly the youth – the next generation – to identify and pursue their passions; and second, we will empower them by providing opportunity and exposure. The ASTROrdinary Dobbs Foundation will be committed to opening doors of opportunity and to encourage those that we help to bring others along with them.” via Steelers.com

Things yinz love to see! Congrats, Josh. Wishing you the best with your new foundation, and praises for your inspiration to give back to your community and for inspiring others.

For more information on the ASTROrdinary Dobbs Foundation, Inc., click here.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..