• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers' Ramon Foster Detailed The Incredible Mistake That Le'Veon Bell's Agent Admitted T

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
One of the biggest falling outs in NFL and Pittsburgh Steelers history came with running back Le'Veon Bell. This occurred after Bell decided to hold out and not play in the 2018 season in hopes to get more money from the organization. He declined the franchise tag that the Steelers offered him which was worth $14.5 million. In 2019, he became a free agent and signed with the New York Jets for four years for $52.5 million and $35 million guaranteed. At the time, it made him the second-highest-paid running back in the league.

READ MORE

I miss smash mouth football. the **** they play today is becoming unwatchable. defense is played at half speed and and its like flag day every sunday. Give me the days of Bettis and the defense that features James Harrison any day of the week.
Same. just is not the same.

Once more…. Football is a business first and foremost. It doesn’t matter that RBs want more money… their skillset just isn’t worth it … pick up a udfa off the waiver wire and they probably will give you average production.. above average production doesn’t lead to Super Bowl wins and really hasn’t for well over a decade so you just don’t need that…

Hey they are still going to make tens of millions of dollars if they do it right…anyone who pays them a penny more than market is a simpleton.

Qbs, WR, LT, CB, Edge rushers… they MATTER… the rest sadly don’t really correlate to wins.. you can pay top market for safeties and mlbs and RBs,
But if you get too far off the percentages you sink your team…

Again in the modern NFL, RBs are not Valuable… you don’t need a bellwether back…

Tons of data proves this… for instance, of the top ten active career rushing leaders.. not one has ever won a super bowl..
The highest ranked rusher that has won a Super Bowl is Russell Wilson, a QB…
Of the recent hof level retiree’s, the only ones to win a super bowl was Lynch, (who is the only rb to truly carry his team to a Super Bowl in the last couple decades… ) and Shady McCoy… (who only won two like bettis won his, as a bit player at the tail of his career… McCoy won with KC in 2019… he had 465 yards rushing… he won with Tampa in 2020 but only had 10 carries all season.)

The reality is that if you want to win… draft a middling RB and spend the high picks and cap space anywhere else…

I think we all detailed the bullshit decision LeVeon made 5 years ago.

I miss smash mouth football. the **** they play today is becoming unwatchable. defense is played at half speed and and its like flag day every sunday. Give me the days of Bettis and the defense that features James Harrison any day of the week.
I miss competent offensive football. It's been over three years since we've seen it on the Steelers.

Once more…. Football is a business first and foremost. It doesn’t matter that RBs want more money… their skillset just isn’t worth it … pick up a udfa off the waiver wire and they probably will give you average production.. above average production doesn’t lead to Super Bowl wins and really hasn’t for well over a decade so you just don’t need that…

Hey they are still going to make tens of millions of dollars if they do it right…anyone who pays them a penny more than market is a simpleton.

Qbs, WR, LT, CB, Edge rushers… they MATTER… the rest sadly don’t really correlate to wins.. you can pay top market for safeties and mlbs and RBs,
But if you get too far off the percentages you sink your team…

Again in the modern NFL, RBs are not Valuable… you don’t need a bellwether back…

Tons of data proves this… for instance, of the top ten active career rushing leaders.. not one has ever won a super bowl..
The highest ranked rusher that has won a Super Bowl is Russell Wilson, a QB…
Of the recent hof level retiree’s, the only ones to win a super bowl was Lynch, (who is the only rb to truly carry his team to a Super Bowl in the last couple decades… ) and Shady McCoy… (who only won two like bettis won his, as a bit player at the tail of his career… McCoy won with KC in 2019… he had 465 yards rushing… he won with Tampa in 2020 but only had 10 carries all season.)

The reality is that if you want to win… draft a middling RB and spend the high picks and cap space anywhere else…
Offensive line expert Brandon Thorn pointed out he thinks centers are the most underpaid position in football. They make less than running backs, play more snaps at a physical position, and have an immense amount of responsibilities on the line. You don't hear them complaining about making millions of dollars.

You are spot on with this post. It's not a valuable position and it's easily replaced, not to mention they break down relatively quickly. These backs would probably get better deals with more guaranteed money if they lowered their demands. I'd also argue that some of these players are going to get more playing on the franchise tag than if they hit the open market. Dalvin Cook is still a productive running back and isn't getting anywhere near what he wants. Does Barkley, Jacobs, and others think they'll magically get massive offers if they were free agents opposed to tagged? It's not going to happen and Bell is yet another piece of evidence against giving running backs a large second contract.

Offensive line expert Brandon Thorn pointed out he thinks centers are the most underpaid position in football. They make less than running backs, play more snaps at a physical position, and have an immense amount of responsibilities on the line. You don't hear them complaining about making millions of dollars.

You are spot on with this post. It's not a valuable position and it's easily replaced, not to mention they break down relatively quickly. These backs would probably get better deals with more guaranteed money if they lowered their demands. I'd also argue that some of these players are going to get more playing on the franchise tag than if they hit the open market. Dalvin Cook is still a productive running back and isn't getting anywhere near what he wants. Does Barkley, Jacobs, and others think they'll magically get massive offers if they were free agents opposed to tagged? It's not going to happen and Bell is yet another piece of evidence against giving running backs a large second contract.

I think Najee Harris is headed for this “bigger pay-check” thing as well. If the STEELERS were smart, they’d pick up his 5th year (or is it 4th for RBs) and if he is still productive then tag while drafting a replacement.

I doubt Warren is getting a second contract either.

Salute the nation

The current crop of RBs probably wish they were born a generation earlier. It wasn't that long ago that RBs not only penned rich contracts, the RB position was coveted in fantasy drafts. Mega-points were being put up by the likes of Faulk, James, Tomlinson, Shaun Alexander, etc. How far the position has fallen...

I think Najee Harris is headed for this “bigger pay-check” thing as well. If the STEELERS were smart, they’d pick up his 5th year (or is it 4th for RBs) and if he is still productive then tag while drafting a replacement.

I doubt Warren is getting a second contract either.

Salute the nation
If Harris gets his fifth year picked up, he’ll be 27. If they franchise him, he’ll be 28. A long-term deal wouldn’t be a great investment.

I find it Hilarious that Harris has the balls to go on twitter and talk of "we rb's" like he's remotely in the class of a Barkley or Jacobs.
How Ironic the guy who thinks he is underappreciated and underpaid was thoroughly outplayed by his udfa backup who makes peanuts in comparison to Najee.
Already crying over money he won't get for value he hasn't shown.