• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Re-Sign Big Defensive Lineman Montravius Adams To 2-Year Contract

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers are signing another one of their own. This time it's defensive lineman Montravius Adams on a new two-year contract. Yesterday the team re-signed special teams captain Miles Killebrew, and long snapper Christian Kuntz shortly after free agency began. Along with signing Adams the Steelers also inked new safety DeShon Elliott earlier this afternoon.

READ MORE

All guys I figured they would sign.. though i think killebrew got over six million for two years... a ton of money for a special teams ace
You block a punt and your team has a 90% chance to win the game
We have the 2nd highest rate of blocked punts in the league, mostly because of Miles
Killebrew has blocked 3 punts for the Steelers and is the best Special teamer in the league at doing it
He should be paid at least as much as the punter imo because he IS a game changer
It appears 3 million a year is the going rate for a Steelers STs ace, and by all accounts a great team guy
Good signing, we gotta make Bubbles look good somehow

I’m glad we signed Harmon Killibrew’s son. He’s a ST star and they are valuable.
Monty Adams too! Big body to plug up the middle so good signing as well.

You block a punt and your team has a 90% chance to win the game
We have the 2nd highest rate of blocked punts in the league, mostly because of Miles
Killebrew has blocked 3 punts for the Steelers and is the best Special teamer in the league at doing it
He should be paid at least as much as the punter imo because he IS a game changer
It appears 3 million a year is the going rate for a Steelers STs ace, and by all accounts a great team guy
Good signing, we gotta make Bubbles look good somehow

Big special teams signings usually make me cringe but agreed, Killebrew was a solid signing.

Big special teams signings usually make me cringe but agreed, Killebrew was a solid signing.
Love the article on him where he describes his technique, dedication to his craft.
I have zero doubts that the team needs more players with his work ethic and attention to detail. I also have zero doubt he could probably fill Bubbles shoes without even trying when he hangs em up, maybe even while he's still playing for that matter.

Most frustrating type player. Flashes then disappears. Which usually means effort. Not sure on this one.
He was benched numerous times for being largely ineffective (no pun intended)...I just don't get resigning to a 2 year deal.