• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Set to Interview Morocco Brown

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have another candidate for their open General Manager position. This time its Indianapolis Colts scouting director Morocco Brown. He’s held that position since leaving Cleveland following the 2015 season.

This comes on the heels of news yesterday that the team was interviewing ESPN analyst, and former Director of Personnel Louis Riddick.

Brown has helped the Colts reconstruct their offensive line into a power house that paved the way for NFL leading rusher Johnathan Taylor.

Steelers requested permission to interview Colts’ college scouting director Morocco Brown for their general manager job, per league sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 9, 2022

NFL Experience

• Cleveland Browns Vice President of Player Personnel (2014-15)

• Washington Football Team Director of Pro Personnel (2008-13)

• Chicago Bears Assistant Director of Pro Personnel (2001-07)

• Indianapolis Colts Scouting Intern (2000)

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

He has a great deal of experience and success in personnel evaluation and I'm surprised he hasn't landed a GM job. I wouldn't mind this hire at all.

Plus guess where he's from, Hampton Virginia. Same town as Mike Tomlin and you know how much MT loves individuals from his home state.

Hard to argue with the success and credentials.

Curious how the likes of Brown or Riddick would view Colbert sticking around through the draft.

I'm sure it would just be business as usual for the in-house candidates.

Lots of outside candidates being interviewed. Report I read said that ARll prefers an outside candidate. While Colbert prefers Kahn and Tomlin prefers Hunt. Seems Deuce is making them put the effort into interviewing outside the organization. Fresh eyes couldn't hurt.

Sign him up. A guy with actual credentials instead of a Tomlin flunkie.

He appears too qualified to be hired by the Steelers.

Brown also has that N. C. State nexus that appears to be flavor of the month.

Shouldn't they be interviewing Kapernick?