• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Sign Big Time Speedster Quez Watkins

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed another receiver. This time they are adding former Philadelphia Eagles speedster Quez Watkins. Watkins is the second wide receiver signed by Pittsburgh since the beginning of free agency. The first being former Los Angeles Rams, and Atlanta Falcons pass catcher Van Jefferson.

READ MORE

Another warm body or someone who will actually contribute?

Another warm body or someone who will actually contribute?

Thats what I was afraid of.

I have little knowledge of other teams' players.

When I opened this thread I was hoping for.

YES!!!
or
Omar does it again!!!

but nooooo

Speedster.....means he is competing with Austin as punt returner and #5 WR.

I can't say I could tell you who he played for last season until reading his bio etc. Good length for a 6 foot receiver, 4.35 forty so he has good speed. One season over 600 yards receiving. Good hops and does a good job going up for the ball. Stiff hips and best suited for slot. As article said, fills lack of depth and imo probably the leader at slot (# 3 receiver) in clubhouse as the team stands now. Still going to draft someone early.

I can't say I could tell you who he played for last season until reading his bio etc. Good length for a 6 foot receiver, 4.35 forty so he has good speed. One season over 600 yards receiving. Good hops and does a good job going up for the ball. Stiff hips and best suited for slot. As article said, fills lack of depth and imo probably the leader at slot (# 3 receiver) in clubhouse as the team stands now. Still going to draft someone early.
I think it is a little bit underwhelming who has been brought in at the position. To me it is trying to shove a bunch of 5th and 6th type receivers onto a roster. IMO they still need a 2nd and 3rd WR brought in by hook or crook.

Agree Slash, nothing exciting there. Boyd is asking too much from all indication and he's a slot fix. They need to find someone for the opposition to worry about other than Pickens and I guess it's going to be the draft, hopefully.

Hopefully this guy competes for the last roster spot when camp begins. Many moons until then

I think it is a little bit underwhelming who has been brought in at the position. To me it is trying to shove a bunch of 5th and 6th type receivers onto a roster. IMO they still need a 2nd and 3rd WR brought in by hook or crook.
Particularly concerning because we don't know what Pickens will be like as the No. 1. There's plenty of time until the draft, but you don't want to force your own hand by lacking depth heading into the draft. At least there is a lot of depth at receiver this year.

Particularly concerning because we don't know what Pickens will be like as the No. 1. There's plenty of time until the draft, but you don't want to force your own hand by lacking depth heading into the draft. At least there is a lot of depth at receiver this year.
I hate the term depth. It usually means you have a lot of them but none are any good.

As long as he’s fast enough to where he forces the defense to take hip drop tackle penalties
Dude. Nailed it.

Reactions: MTC
Exactly. No queztion about that.

Remember when the Steelers had this one trick pony who was really fast but had suspect hands and we applauded when he was traded...yeah, we just signed the young version.

He's definitely another guy who isn't or shouldn't be guaranteed a roster spot. They still need to draft a legit WR2 to pair with GP. Then, hopefully, two of the other guys will step up and be a WR3 and WR4. I'd like to see Austin take that 2nd year leap since last year was really his rookie season and they seemed to ignore him most of the time. The also need to through 50+ to Muuuth and a couple per game to Mount Washington.

Remember when the Steelers had this one trick pony who was really fast but had suspect hands and we applauded when he was traded...yeah, we just signed the young version.
I'd say we'd be lucky if that was tue; I doubt it.

Quez is solid as a receiver. I think Khan was anticipating the kickoff rule change and brought him in for that as well. You’ll have 2 speedsters return capable.