• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers trying out new players

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
They are looking at a trio of WRs none really that notable. A QB too. He isn’t a middle tier either…

They are looking at a trio of WRs none really that notable. A QB too. He isn’t a middle tier either…
Yeah, I see they’re bringing in Ben DiNucci. Camp arm maybe or they don’t care what they see in Kyle Allen

My guy Mecole Hardman sat out there forever, signs a 1.125M/1 year deal and we keep bringing through the parade of scrubs. WTF is going on here?

Are they actually believing/relying on Wilson and CA3 being a legit 2&3 capable of being a 1-2 punch if GP gets injured?

The depth and unknown is beyond scary at WR

Martavis Bryant is available…he was never used….

My guy Mecole Hardman sat out there forever, signs a 1.125M/1 year deal and we keep bringing through the parade of scrubs. WTF is going on here?

Are they actually believing/relying on Wilson and CA3 being a legit 2&3 capable of being a 1-2 punch if GP gets injured?

I laughed but now I'm thinking... how much does Marty have left in the tank???

Meh... talked myself out of it. I'm sticking with Roman at #2. Nice combo if it truly works out...

Personnel must fit the offensive system. NFL fans are used to pass happy offenses and I believe we're about to see a shift away from that trend with this offense. We have two huge Tight Ends, two small and quick twitch WRs, A pissed off circus freak categorized as a WR, and two running backs who bury bodies on the regular. Oh, and we have two quarterbacks that embarrass defenders when they take off running. All of which will be against smaller defenses geared to a pass happy league. This may be called "Truck season" cause I see a whole lotta hurt and hate being thrown down.

My gosh, you all do realize that since the dawn of the league these teams have always done dozens of workouts for players through the season and particularly in the offseason...

This way they have data on guys should injuries hit... they arent looking for roster players as much as just looking..

The only difference between this year and even just ten years ago is that internet content ****** make a big deal about things for clicks... it used to be that 5 joe nobodies were brought in for a workout and nobody cared unless one had a well known name... otherwise it wouldn't even get a blurb in the sports section... now we are one step away from bloggwhores posting what time the Steelers front office gets their mail on a daily basis, so its all out there..

This doesnt mean anything other than they are doing their due diligence

Personnel must fit the offensive system. NFL fans are used to pass happy offenses and I believe we're about to see a shift away from that trend with this offense. We have two huge Tight Ends, two small and quick twitch WRs, A pissed off circus freak categorized as a WR, and two running backs who bury bodies on the regular. Oh, and we have two quarterbacks that embarrass defenders when they take off running. All of which will be against smaller defenses geared to a pass happy league. This may be called "Truck season" cause I see a whole lotta hurt and hate being thrown down.

I'm counting on this to happen.

Yeah, I see they’re bringing in Ben DiNucci. Camp arm maybe or they don’t care what they see in Kyle Allen
Nothing like beating the bushes for local talent. Nucc played for Dallas and Denver, previously at Pitt and James Madison.

If they sign him it would bring QB room up to 4: Russ, Fields, Kyle Allen and Nucc. They'd have 5 if Plumlee ends up returning, he was drafted by UFL team. DiNucci doesn't get me all that excited. I really don't see why they are f---king around with him, other than he used to play at Pitt.