• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers work out RB David Cobb

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2016/09/report-steelers-work-out-rb-david-cobb/

Three on the roster, two on the PS.

Interesting.

(would rather see them kick the tires on a T or TE)

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
...and Karlos Williams last week. Very strange.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Cobb is a tough inside runner. I like him better than Toussaint. They may be looking for a 3 week fill in for Bell.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like to see a T / TE / DB tires kicked. Unless they are going to "WAVE" Bell upon his return, I thought we were set at RB???

Salute the nation

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
well, after D-Will, there must be one helluva drop off to Toussaint and Whatshisname

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
well, after D-Will, there must be one helluva drop off to Toussaint and Whatshisname

I like D. Richardson better than Tousaint. I think this may speak more to how much they DONT trust bell more than how they feel about the quality of our depth.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
David Cobb has a little power running in his game. He may get a chance. I liked what Touissant(sp?) showed in the playoffs last season. So kinda a weird situation at RB

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Or they are doing there due diligence on guys they liked during the draft process. They tend to do that Alot. Cockrell now Gilbert this year. And Mettenberger

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Or they are doing there due diligence on guys they liked during the draft process. They tend to do that Alot. Cockrell now Gilbert this year. And Mettenberger

Don't shoot the messenger Antdrewjosh, but perhaps the Steelers aren't sure if Bell can pass his next NFL drug test.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger Antdrewjosh, but perhaps the Steelers aren't sure if Bell can pass his next NFL drug test.

Yeah that's it that's why they bought in Karlos Williams. Wait he's suspended.. for weed. Yes they are worried about the next drug test

Last edited:

scstillerfan

Reaction score
Wish they would have signed Todman before someone else did. Him and Fitz were a good power-finesse combo when Bell and Williams went out.

LastRide

Reaction score
They dropped the ball and should've kept Todman instead of Toussaint. I thought he was the better tougher back.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The backups weren't particularly impressive throughout the preseason, so why not see who else is out there to put some pressure on these guys.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score

holy **** man...holy ****...you have gone beyond your idiotic "Polamalu's head is big therefore he's a short 5'10"" with your incessant pestering on Bell's drug tests...which once again I'll point out that HE HASN'T FAILED A TEST. He MISSED a test in which he didn't properly inform the person administering the test of his travel plans. Bell has NEVER FAILED A DRUG TEST. Want to harp on Martavis Bryant? He's actually failed tests.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Bryant actually didn't fail any the second time around either lol.. but his were prob positive. I dont think Bells were.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Signed to the practice squad huh?? So basically they had interest in a guy they liked during the draft process.

But no wait Bell... SMH

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Bryant actually didn't fail any the second time around either lol.. but his were prob positive. I dont think Bells were.

The second time around, the first time he failed multiple and that's why he was suspended 4 games. Bell was a DUI suspension, which everyone in the world but coach knows.