• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers WR Diontae Johnson and C Kendrick Green Placed on Reserve/COVID-19 List

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thursday morning, the Pittsburgh Steelers placed wide receiver Diontae Johnson and rookie center Kendrick Green on the Reserve/COVID-19 List.

We have:
• Placed WR Diontae Johnson & C Kendrick Green on the Reserve/COVID-19 List
• Restored DT Daniel Archibong to the practice squadhttps://t.co/YClGA03iAa

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) January 6, 2022

Johnson is the Steelers leading receiver this season as he just surpassed 1,100 receiving yards in Week 17, while Green has been the team’s starting center all season, but has been battling a calf injury the last few weeks.

More to come.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I would say that his mistakes would be the same or less then the best players on the team. Who is not making errors ever? And certain positions are more prone to error and more visible. Receiver being the highest.

I would say that his mistakes would be the same or less then the best players on the team. Who is not making errors ever? And certain positions are more prone to error and more visible. Receiver being the highest.
I think people know how good DJ and we kind of expect a little more out of him especially when we see some great catches he makes.

When other guys like JW or Chase mess up, it's pretty much expected.

Unfortunately the jab jab jab doesn't protect you from getting omicron or passing it along.

The good news is now the dominant version. The bad news is everyone will get it. The good news is it's much weaker and is more like the common cold for most people. This is coming to an end shortly. The psychological damage will last much longer.

Now back to your regularly scheduled endless hysteria.

Claypool will have to be our main target I guess. Hopefully, it's not RayRay. And, hopefully, they bring up Miller and give him the shot he should have had the last 6 to 8 weeks.
Claypool has immunity to almost everything since he drops mostly everything thrown at him. I’m not surprised he’s not on this list.

It's ridiculous to criticize Johnson. He is about a 1/4 of the offense and that is not hyperbole.
Harris being the rest
He is but why shouldn't his drops be criticized?
Because he curbed them this year, it's just been a rough couple of weeks, you could tell he was pressing a bit trying even harder for Ben. Considering he lead the league with 12 drops last year, and until week 16 he had 2, he put in the work. He did catch the most important one against Cleveland.

Sawftee finally caught something he couldn't drop.

Glad to see Green out. The OL was much improved without him.
All I'm saying is that whole thing is a little harsh. Even Green. If he is not as good he just shouldn't start. Shouldn't celebrate that.

Claypool will have to be our main target I guess. Hopefully, it's not RayRay. And, hopefully, they bring up Miller and give him the shot he should have had the last 6 to 8 weeks.

I hope he proves right if he is activated.

Salute the nation

I'm curious as to how many drops he does have on the year. I'd venture to say it's less than many think.

Salute the nation

Harris being the rest

Because he curbed them this year, it's just been a rough couple of weeks, you could tell he was pressing a bit trying even harder for Ben. Considering he lead the league with 12 drops last year, and until week 16 he had 2, he put in the work. He did catch the most important one against Cleveland.

Thanks for the drop total information. I knew it was way less than many were thinking. DJ has worked hard in the offseason to become a better and better WR, if more on the team worked that hard we'd be way better off.

Salute the nation

His drops have vastly improved this year. I have high hope he can tighten things up even more this off-season.

His drops have vastly improved this year. I have high hope he can tighten things up even more this off-season.

I'm sure you've also noticed he runs way better routes as well. ADD in that Ben and him were getting more and more in sinc as well. To bad BEN will be gone because they would have made a great pair.

Salute the nation

How have his drops improved - he has better dropping technique? I think you mean his receptions have improved.

I would guess Claypool, Washington, Ray Ray, White and should be Miller. Could activate Ebron knowing Tomlin .

White shouldn't sniff the field ahead of Miller. Miller really needs to be on the field for this one. I think he can make the roster next year as our No. 4 or even No. 3 WR ahead of RayRay. Washington is probably gone.

How have his drops improved - he has better dropping technique? I think you mean his receptions have improved.
Allow me to paint this with a broad brush. His technique obviously has improved handling the football helping him to minimize his drops. Which obviously helps his production in regards to his overall reception tally. We expect this from someone of his pedigree.😁

Allow me to paint this with a broad brush. His technique obviously has improved handling the football helping him to minimize his drops. Which obviously helps his production in regards to his overall reception tally. We expect this from someone of his pedigree.😁

The flip side should not be forgotten either.

Dionte of old was ungracefully just droping the ball. He would do it lacklazidly and without couth.

The off season occurs

Now Deonte drops have improved by less quanity but also improved quality. He is doing the drops with developed finess and body positioning to enhance the experience of the drop. Had this been an olympic sport he would be droping 9s & 10s in performance.

So in closing FordFairLane has it correct, Deonte Johnson has improved his drops,............. in both directions of view.

Salute the nation

Last edited: