• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Stephen Hawking has lost it - Trump will cause 250 degree temperatures on Earth

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Same guy who said humans will need to leave the Earth and artificial intelligence will doom us is now saying that we are close to the tipping point where global warming becomes irreversible.

I guarantee that that imaginary point will never be defined because it isn't actually happening. We will forever be racing towards the tipping point.

He goes on to say that Trump's action (getting out of that stupid Paris thing) could cause the Earth to become like Venus, with 250 degree temperatures and acid rain.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...-brink-global-warming-us-fossil-a7820336.html

Hey, I feel bad for the guy, but who reports these comments as serious stuff? He's clearly a looney bird at this point.

Same guy who said humans will need to leave the Earth and artificial intelligence will doom us is now saying that we are close to the tipping point where global warming becomes irreversible.

I guarantee that that imaginary point will never be defined because it isn't actually happening. We will forever be racing towards the tipping point.

He goes on to say that Trump's action (getting out of that stupid Paris thing) could cause the Earth to become like Venus, with 250 degree temperatures and acid rain.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...-brink-global-warming-us-fossil-a7820336.html

Hey, I feel bad for the guy, but who reports these comments as serious stuff? He's clearly a looney bird at this point.

I think his speaking machines are probably powering his brain at this point. Either that or he's somehow running low on money.

He was once a great mind. Seemingly, that ship has sailed.

Hawking lost it long ago, and even when he had it was overrated according to his peers.

Hawking lost it long ago, and even when he had it was overrated according to his peers.

Hawking said humans have 100 years left on earth and need to go to the moon and mars to survive. What a stupid theory. So even if everything goes fubar on earth. What is the worst case scenario?? A lifeless planet maybe like the moon or mars. Why leave a lifeless planet to go to another one.

I thought we were past the tipping point a few years ago.

He has lost his mind. Stick to physics,not fiction Hawking.

It is kind of amazing that a guy so physically fubarred, who has had the benefit of the latest and greatest to keep him alive and to keep him communicating, has no faith in the future of humanity, his peers, etc.
And that he can already call the Apocalypse and relate it directly to Trump is amazing.
Maybe he doesn't understand what jumping the shark means?

Yeah those crazy scientists.....luckily for you and your fellow Trumptards Charles, the only 3 sane scientists in the world are financed by Exxon through the Heartland Foundation: Willie Soon, Judith Curry, and Tim Ball.

All sacrificing in the interest of Charles, the other Trumptards, and their children.............who is looney again?

Yeah those crazy scientists.....luckily for you and your fellow Trumptards Charles, the only 3 sane scientists in the world are financed by Exxon through the Heartland Foundation: Willie Soon, Judith Curry, and Tim Ball.

All sacrificing in the interest of Charles, the other Trumptards, and their children.............who is looney again?
If you think leaving the Paris agreement will result in 250 temperatures and sulfuric acid rain, obviously it is you.

If you think leaving the Paris agreement will result in 250 temperatures and sulfuric acid rain, obviously it is you.

Maybe it will result is some of these shills....err "Scientists" doing their freaking job with actual Science instead of beating a political drum for profit.

It is kind of amazing that a guy so physically fubarred, who has had the benefit of the latest and greatest to keep him alive and to keep him communicating, has no faith in the future of humanity, his peers, etc.
And that he can already call the Apocalypse and relate it directly to Trump is amazing.
Maybe he doesn't understand what jumping the shark means?

So you think technology is going to save you Canadian bacon?

If you had a basic understanding of physics and economics you would understand our situation, and would be truly mortified.

Much like 25 of our biggest corporations and our own military leadership are.

He was once a great mind. Seemingly, that ship has sailed.

Ever since he got proved wrong about black holes he's been...off

In physics, still a genius ....

In common sense... a blithering idiot

"Stephen Hawking baffled by dynamics of Trump's popularity."

He needs to change the batteries in his Speak n Spell.

9c0589c6cc065d36b3aff713a8142342.jpg

It is simple to explain the planetary engine of converting CO2 to O2:

Human population is increasing every year (More CO2)
industry is increasing every year (More CO2)
Human consumption/travel/vehicles are increasing every year (More CO2)
Land with trees/plants are decreasing every year (less CO2 to O2 exchange)

Plants are the only thing we have to convert CO2 to O2. Where else are we getting the mechanism to decrease CO2?

Plants are the only thing we have to convert CO2 to O2. Where else are we getting the mechanism to decrease CO2?

The Earth is a big place and nowhere close to being full.

Over the last 30 years the Earth has been getting greener.

Oceans absorb CO2.

There is a large, and not-well understood feedback effect.
This simple lack of knowledge, with attachment to necessary inability to model same, may explain why all the climate models are wrong, and by so much.
Just because scientists don't understand this, yet, doesn't make it irrelevant. In a similar vein, your list of CO2 producers is far from complete. This is a very complex global system that is likely to defy modelling for decades.

To summarize:
waste -- bad
pollution -- bad
scientific description of global climate --- necessarily incomplete

So you think technology is going to save you Canadian bacon?

If you had a basic understanding of physics and economics you would understand our situation, and would be truly mortified.

Much like 25 of our biggest corporations and our own military leadership are.

you "claim" to work for the DoD.
i'll ***-U-me that you're a programmer or analyst.

let's say you have a contract that wants you to verify that a certain hypothesis is more than 80% positive. Based on this finding, you may secure more contracts to determine the source, or a contract to determine a solution. Essentially more contracts to continue work based on this one contract.

However, if the hypothesis is proven wrong, much like you and your global warming models, new contracts on the horizon may be perpetually pushed back.

What you do?

Screw that libtard cripple. If he believes in global warming then he's a ******* idiot. As far as plugged in guys go, I like Captain Pike better.

Pike.jpg

Using "simple" to try to explain such a process that is, by its very nature (see what I did there) incredibly complex, is why Con is hitting the nail on the head.

What you state above may be true (although i've read there are more trees now than at some points in the not so distant past), but the problem is that the models have been so wrong and scientist are having to be sued and/or are refusing congressional orders to produce the original data along with their conversations, it makes it all pretty ******* fishy.

if the proof it so obvious, release your data, all of your emails discussing methods etc. Right?

Oh, and predictions like "250 degree increase" because Trump pulled out of the Paris Accord, which was a completely "voluntary" accord and excluded one of, if not THE, biggest polluter, don't ******* help the cause. Shows it for the ridiculousness it is.

If the world really does go the way that Hawking says, then we are headed towards an "Elysium" scenario. We will create elites only style space stations and the masses will continue to live on whatever is left of the earth.

What he is proposing is the definition of elitism. You can't move 8 billion (maybe 10 billion by then) to alternate locations within our solar system (since any theory that proposes getting around light-year travel isn't CLOSE to being proven at all - Einstein's theories still are king), so who gets to go according to Hawking? I bet the "intellectual elite" get to go. I bet politicians get to go.

The only logical thing is to all live/die together here, on this earth. Whatever happens, happens. We have to continue to adapt. If population is too great, it has to be gradually reduces (hopefully avoiding war or plagues that would do this for us). Technology will have to continue to provide energy, water, food.

Based on history, I'm banking on that happening much more than what Hawking is proposing. The earth is 4 billion years old. Humans have been on it less than 1 million years. Civilization less than 10,000 years. To think we can change anything cosmic (like planets) in the time frames Hawking is talking about isn't scientific fact. It's just not.

We are talking 1-3 degrees of change over 100 years (maybe). Does that change some environments and coastlines? Sure it does. But if man can't adapt to that we are much worse off than I think. That spells awful ability of our civilization to adapt to potentially much worse things happening to us. Which is what liberals are preaching. That we can't adapt. That everything has to stay the same or change at a pace THEY decided upon as "acceptable" (who came up with this "acceptable change" is beyond me).

I on the other hand, have much more faith in humanity and technology. I think we can adapt fine. And in fact opening up energy to people will help save more lives (through clean water, sewage, infrastructure and employment) over the next century than worrying about the effect of climate change on some communities.

There is nothing inherently wrong with migration of people. Look at the way our elector map has changed over the last 50 years to see migration of people just in our country. Nothing says that can't happen again as climate changes our landscapes. And there is nothing wrong with that.