• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Streaming games?

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Are there any good streaming websites this year?

Anyone have any streaming sites for the games that aren’t on TV?. Or does anyone use a VPN? Could you explain that to me?

A VPN is basically software that you would load onto your pc or laptop or whatever. It will build an encrypted "tunnel" out to a host site over your internet connection. Since your data is encrypted, it can't be sniffed/read (but the chances of taht are small anyway) but the big benefit is it allows you to be on the next anonymously by obscuring or hiding your unique address (IP address) assigned to you from your internet provider. Your IP is just like the postal address for your house. When you send a letter via the post office, your home address is the 'return' street address - i.e., your house number. The VPM changes your IP address so the mail looks like it comes from a different 'house'. I can share more details if you really want, but that is the really high level non-techie view.

There are some sites you can go to...Amazon has a few prime time games and I think Hulu or one of the other streamers may carry a few games. You can get NFL+ from the NFL itself but you only get the game on replay. You can't watch it live. If you are patient tho, it is a reasonable fee and you will eventually get teh commercial free broadcast and the coach's cam if that interests you.

Of course there are other video sites that are less than legal. I won't post names here cuz I dunno what the rules about that sorta thing are here. I will send you a PM instead. Those sites aggregate several different feeds. Some work better than others but almost all are delayed so if you are posting here, or reading Twitter you see play results a few plays before you see them...so watch alone if you want to be surprised. Now, the first thing you do before you ever use one of those sites is make sure you have a really good virus program on your device. The next thing you do is get ready for a little frustration. Sometimes you clikc the feed and you get ads. you have to close the ads and reclick a few times till it will play. annoying as f*** but free so can't *****. Do NOT click on any buttons in the ads no matter how good the free stuff looks...the hot blonde is not coming to yoru house and the free bacon isn't really being shipped to you. They are gathering your data and possibly dropping adware on your computer (or worse). So, that is the reason for a VPN (privacy) and a virus scanner (block virus and adware).

Hope this helps. Good luck.