• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Stryker's Inside Slant 11/21

Didn’t Sherman get the boot mid season?

I believe it was relieved of play calling duties, not actual fired and removed from the team.

Salute the nation

Perhaps Tomlin resigns after the season?

Perhaps Tomlin re-signs after the season?
I fixed it for you….

Tomlin has 169 wins. If he manages to win 4 of the last 7 games this year, he jumps into a tie with Jeff fisher at 12th all time. He would be 20 games behind Chuck Noll and 27 games behind 200 wins… at his patented 9-10 wins per season, thats 3 more seasons… he won’t walk away before that…

I fixed it for you….

Tomlin has 169 wins. If he manages to win 4 of the last 7 games this year, he jumps into a tie with Jeff fisher at 12th all time. He would be 20 games behind Chuck Noll and 27 games behind 200 wins… at his patented 9-10 wins per season, thats 3 more seasons… he won’t walk away before that…
Tomlin wants his legacy and name to be with the greats, for sure. People always knock Marty Schottenheimer for never winning the big game, but his Coaching tree is unbelievable compared to MT's, which is a big fat zero. Marty has 200 career wins and spawned THE Bill Cowher, Dungy, Ariens, Herm Edwards, Mike McCarthy just to name a few. 16 years in the league and not a single NFL head coach. He can have as many wins as he wants, but to me, if he cannot elevate his staff and develop coaches, then he has done a great disservice to the game and the league.

I fixed it for you….

I’ve always felt that Tomlin wants that all time Steeler win record that the Emperor currently holds. That’s within reach and could be achieved after the 2025 season then Mikey T. may go to the broadcasting business. Why not? His name would be in Steeler record books and you know he would command big time money in broadcasting.
Bradshaw is not getting any younger so you replace a Steeler legend at Fox with a Steeler coach with the all time win record.
Seems like a great script for the NFL!

I’ve always felt that Tomlin wants that all time Steeler win record that the Emperor currently holds. That’s within reach and could be achieved after the 2025 season then Mikey T. may go to the broadcasting business. Why not? His name would be in Steeler record books and you know he would command big time money in broadcasting.
Bradshaw is not getting any younger so you replace a Steeler legend at Fox with a Steeler coach with the all time win record.
Seems like a great script for the NFL!
I think he gets one more extension to 2026 and makes it a cool 20 years even

Marty has 200 career wins and spawned THE Bill Cowher, Dungy, Ariens, Herm Edwards, Mike McCarthy just to name a few. 16 years in the league and not a single NFL head coach.
I didn't know that....Pretty impressive for Marty. Not so much for Tomlin, but I knew that. I think Tomlin would be an asset on a Sunday pre-game show. He's got the gift for gab no doubt.

I didn't know that....Pretty impressive for Marty. Not so much for Tomlin, but I knew that. I think Tomlin would be an asset on a Sunday pre-game show. He's got the gift for gab no doubt.
IDK, if he tries the word salad on the TV stage, I think most would ask WTF did he just say.

Marty Shottenheimer probably does deserve to be in the HoF, but i mean Damn.. at least reach a Super Bowl…

Cowher was a lot like him, but adapted better… its no surprise that cowher’s two Super Bowl trips came when he unshackled Odonnel in 95, and unshackled Ben in the playoffs in 05..

Marty played ot too close to the vest and in the playoffs better schemes with better talent just beat him…

IDK, if he tries the word salad on the TV stage, I think most would ask WTF did he just say.
True...Although I think he'd probably tone it down a bit. On the other hand, Bradshaw has his own way of relating his opinions every Sunday on FOX, and the co-hosts just laugh. Makes me laugh too.

I like Tomlin as a person, but I think maybe it's time to do something else if our new OC situation doesn't fix things for the team after so many years.