• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Stryker's Inside Slant 12/6 Worst Loss Ever?

Worst? That 48-37 Stains playoff game was a real stinker for me. And maybe the Texans for this year.

God most of the pats*** games, the Jessie James TD **** over from the league. Nothing has pissed me off more than that game, not even superbowl xxx.

Now it's just oh well whatever, they don't care ,I don't care. At least I got to watch great teams in the past.

The AFCC loss at home to the Chargers was the Steelers worst loss ever. Gosh that game sucked ***.

.... 3 More Yards. Yeah, that definitely sucked. It sucked getting so close so many times to just fall short.
I never would have thought my One For The Thumb in 81 would get worn out and thrown away before they'd win a superbowl again.

The AFCCG win vs the Colts was a serious high, that got crushed a few weeks later. That game still bothers me when I think of it.

I've come to conclude that being mediocre and not even getting close every year sucks the most.

Their was a game against Houston?texans maybe years and yeays ago weeks we outgained them by a billion yards and still lost due to special teams and defense touchdowns. maybe in the Tommy Maddox time?
that was the worst that I recall.

Their was a game against Houston?texans maybe years and yeays ago weeks we outgained them by a billion yards and still lost due to special teams and defense touchdowns. maybe in the Tommy Maddox time?
that was the worst that I recall.
Tommy got brained in that game too. Taken off on a stretcher, and we feared the worst. I think he came back next week.

Seriously??!!

Nobody remembers opening day, Sept 10, 1989? The stains tore the Steelers new ******** in front of the short lived 'home opener' excitement, 51-0...

Stunk the place up nearly as bad the following week to the bungholes, 41-0. In the end the O'lers and Bears pitched them shutouts as well. Yet as bad as that team was, they finished 9-7 and made it to the Division round where the gave the donkeys a game.

This team is bad but in an entirely different way. I think they look at the front office and 'coaching' staff and see that they're just going through the motions - no leadership, no development, no scheme(s), no plan, and when called on it, have nothing but vacuous clichés to offer as excuses rather that take responsibility.

Note to front office and 'coaching' staff. When you acknowledge responsibility, you need to actually do something. Its a symbolism v substance relationship. Hire a team on consultants. They'll explain it to you.

Seriously??!!

Nobody remembers opening day, Sept 10, 1989? The stains tore the Steelers new ******** in front of the short lived 'home opener' excitement, 51-0...

Stunk the place up nearly as bad the following week to the bungholes, 41-0. In the end the O'lers and Bears pitched them shutouts as well. Yet as bad as that team was, they finished 9-7 and made it to the Division round where the gave the donkeys a game.

This team is bad but in an entirely different way. I think they look at the front office and 'coaching' staff and see that they're just going through the motions - no leadership, no development, no scheme(s), no plan, and when called on it, have nothing but vacuous clichés to offer as excuses rather that take responsibility.

Note to front office and 'coaching' staff. When you acknowledge responsibility, you need to actually do something. Its a symbolism v substance relationship. Hire a team on consultants. They'll explain it to you.

That opener was the worst loss ever with regards to the score certainly. That game was a fluke.
But for me it's about the loss that hurts the most.

The playoff loss to the Chargers keeping us out of the Super Bowl. We were kicking their *** all game. That hurt.
The playoff loss to Stains.
The loss to the Patriots. A game we should have won. Jesse James caught that ball. That hurt.

Stryker needed to clarify. Regular season game only, or to include playoffs games.
This loss to the Cards was bad because of the high hopes we had after the much-improved offensive performance vs. the Bungles.

The 51-0 loss was bad, but we returned the favor by beating the Clowns a few games later in the season proving that the Clowns were not 51-0 better than us, That game was a fluke.

Last edited:
I was in the stands for both Jesse James and Tebow. I am beginning to think . . . . Nah. Can't be.

The Chargers playoff loss is the worst. I lived in San Diego then, and was pretty vocal. I don't do that anymore. Not one bit. Funny part is that the Chargers fans agreed with me that we would kill them.

That opener was the worst loss ever with regards to the score certainly. That game was a fluke.
But for me it's about the loss that hurts the most.

The playoff loss to the Chargers keeping us out of the Super Bowl. We were kicking their *** all game. That hurt.
The playoff loss to Stains.
The loss to the Patriots. A game we should have won. Jesse James caught that ball. That hurt.

Stryker needed to clarify. Regular season game only, or to include playoffs games.
This loss to the Cards was bad because of the high hopes we had after the much-improved offensive performance vs. the Bungles.

The 51-0 loss was bad, but we returned the favor by beating the Clowns a few games later in the season proving that the Clowns were not 51-0 better than us, That game was a fluke.
Seriously??!!

I remember....but I try to forget

Here’s another one I try to forget..... that opening loss 33-3 to the cheats 4 years ago.

Seriously??!!

Remembered it well...

Lived 60 miles west of Cleveland up on Lake Erie at the time.

Neighbor sent his son over after the game and handed me a Browns hanky and said Mr. Dino, my Dad said this is for you to cry in.

Rat B*stard! Not the boy...the Dad.

Last edited:
Here’s another one I try to forget..... that opening loss 33-3 to the cheats 4 years ago.

That one still stings for me. I lost a really good friend who died of a brain aneurysm at age 38. He had married my wife's cousin and lo-and-behold, he was a huge Steelers fan. We would go to a Steelers bar in Southern California and watch games together. He passed away right before opening day and his widow, an amazing woman, threw a wake at a bar featuring the Steelers-Patsies****

I got pretty drunk watching the flaccid effort by the Steelers and mourning a really good friend. What a pathetic showing when I wanted the Black & Gold to crush the evil empire in honor of my friend.

Loss to San Diego in AFC Championship was the most devastating loss for me. I was confident they were finally going back to the Super Bowl after 15 long years. It’s now been a long 13 years.