• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Stryker's Inside Slant 3/12

So far I am really happy with this offseason
We got a legit QB for a qb competition... and did so as cheap as we feasibly could.
We upgraded Punter
We moved out a potential distraction at WR and filled a major hole at CB with the return.
We got probably tge second best LB on tge market at a price 2/3rds of what he was expected to pull

So now that DJ and Robinson are gone, its almost certain we will add Wrs both in free agency and the draft, but lets not forget we have some developmental guys on the Roster

CA3 is basically entering his second real season due to his rookie year being an injury redshirt... he has tge speed and quickness to replace DJs role to an extent

But we also have Denzel Mims, who is a former second round pick only available because of a series of circumstances and injuries that ultimately made him expendable despite having a great camp with the lions last year... ( he wouldnt be available most of the season and they were really deep and it saved them a sixth round pick cutting him before tge season)

He is a 6'3 athletic beast that runs a sub 4.4 40...

Then you have Dez fitzpatrick, who had some impressive showing in camp and has been on the practice squad for two seasons after losing his spot on the titans...

Any of these guys pique your interest?

@madinsomniac I was very underwhelmed in CA3's X position play last season. The game he started at x, 1 target 0 catches. For a position that gets 10 targets a game, he looked lost.

I forgot about Mims and Dez. Mims played X so it will be interesting to see if he slides in. Dez is position flexible, but I'd thing X would be his most questionable postion over Z and Big Slot.

By chance are you worried about the money gap between O and D widening?

Right now the top 12 players ( i went 11 starters and most likely sub in on O by salary are getting about 49 million dollars ... 21.3 of that 27 million is going to the top 3 guards... two of which make over ten million and the backup over 5 mil.. after herbig, no one else makes over 5 million .. thats 9 more starters.. Najeh makes 4 million
Jones, dan moore, and pickett all make high 3 million dollars, everyone else under 2 mil

On the flip side the top 12 on D makes 138 million dollars now ... 6 of those make over 10 million ... heck TJ and Cam have a higher cap hit than the whole starting O...

Benton is the only d starter making less than 2 million dollars, jpjr makes just over 2, kazee makes 3.875, roberts 4.667 nobody else makes less than 6 million

Its getting absurd

I'm not worried. We're not paying $50M to a QB and that is why we can build a great D, and hopefully enough pieces on O to get good. We will be building this OL in the new OC's image, so get ready for some road graders!!

I do think this D needs to be a top 5 D at that price point though. I also would not have given Highsmith his 2nd contract, but he's below market value for an OLB2

By chance are you worried about the money gap between O and D widening?

Right now the top 12 players ( i went 11 starters and most likely sub in on O by salary are getting about 49 million dollars ... 21.3 of that 27 million is going to the top 3 guards... two of which make over ten million and the backup over 5 mil.. after herbig, no one else makes over 5 million .. thats 9 more starters.. Najeh makes 4 million
Jones, dan moore, and pickett all make high 3 million dollars, everyone else under 2 mil

On the flip side the top 12 on D makes 138 million dollars now ... 6 of those make over 10 million ... heck TJ and Cam have a higher cap hit than the whole starting O...

Benton is the only d starter making less than 2 million dollars, jpjr makes just over 2, kazee makes 3.875, roberts 4.667 nobody else makes less than 6 million

Its getting absurd
And yet the last 4 Playoff games the D gave up almost 500 points each.

The offense may not have won the last Playoff game, but the Defense definitely lost that game.

And yet the last 4 Playoff games the D gave up almost 500 points each.

The offense may not have won the last Playoff game, but the Defense definitely lost that game.

We are paying an awful lot of money for a
under performing scheme.

Salute the nation.