• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Terrorist attack in St. Petersburg Russia

LIne up the guesses!

Could be Muslims angry over Russian support of Assad, could be Ukranians, could be Russians who are upset with the current situation with Putin. As most of you don't know I'm sure there have been a few violent clashes involving protestors and police in Russia in the past few weeks as more info leaks out about Putin's corrruption and his connections to Trump.

St Petersburg metro explosion kills 10

_95445295_mediaitem95445294.jpg

additional unexploded device found in St. Petersburg

The head of Russia's National Anti-Terrorist Committee said the blast hit a train between Sennaya Ploshchad and Tekhnologichesky Institut stations.

The committee said an explosive device was later found and made safe at another station nearby.

Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said in a Facebook post that the explosion was "terrorist attack".

St Petersburg's metro system is the 19th busiest in the world, with more than two million passengers every day, but it has not suffered attacks before.

Several transport hubs in Russia have, however, been attacked. In 2010, 38 people died in a double suicide bombing on the Moscow metro.

And a year later, a bomb exploded on a high-speed train travelling between Moscow and St Petersburg, killing 27 and injuring another 130.

Both attacks were claimed by Islamist groups.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39481770

Could be Muslims angry over Russian support of Assad, could be Ukranians, could be Russians who are upset with the current situation with Putin. As most of you don't know I'm sure there have been a few violent clashes involving protestors and police in Russia in the past few weeks as more info leaks out about Putin's corrruption and his connections to Trump.

I hope the Russians in your family are safe.

Not really helping themselves out, are they?

One has to wonder. Could they truly be that monumentally stupid? Generally speaking you don't **** with Russia. They just don't put up with that ****. If a terrorist sends a Russian a box with a Russian finger in it, the terrorist gets a crate with body parts of the entire terrorists extended family inside. That's pretty much how Stalin operated and spread the fear of God or Allah or whomever throughout the world. You just didn't **** with the Russians, particularly with terrorism. Because Russia just doesn't have a moment's consideration in utterly ******* up your entire way of life because it's "Tuesday" and they have an agreement to get rid of some nuclear arms. They're just as happy to say "**** it, let's dump em in Iran".

I'd be surprised if Russia has become so soft as to suffer such a catastrophic terrorist attack without a few villages disappearing off the face of the earth indiscriminately.

And honestly, for that - I envy Russia. If we were less touchy-feely and more "Hey, let's drop a suitcase nuke off in Tehran" we'd have a ****-ton less terrorism in the U.S. It's not like folks are gonna hate us less. I'm not talking a BIG nuke. Just one that says, "I think you had something to do with attack such and such and now you have 450,000 dead people to sort out." "Oh and P.S. You can't live anywhere within 60 miles of Tehran for 200 years. Sorry."

Last edited:
Salt Mecca with plutonium dust so it's unusable for 10,000 years

Not really helping themselves out, are they?

One has to wonder. Could they truly be that monumentally stupid? Generally speaking you don't **** with Russia. They just don't put up with that ****. If a terrorist sends a Russian a box with a Russian finger in it, the terrorist gets a crate with body parts of the entire terrorists extended family inside. That's pretty much how Stalin operated and spread the fear of God or Allah or whomever throughout the world. You just didn't **** with the Russians, particularly with terrorism. Because Russia just doesn't have a moment's consideration in utterly ******* up your entire way of life because it's "Tuesday" and they have an agreement to get rid of some nuclear arms. They're just as happy to say "**** it, let's dump em in Iran".

I'd be surprised if Russia has become so soft as to suffer such a catastrophic terrorist attack without a few villages disappearing off the face of the earth indiscriminately.

And honestly, for that - I envy Russia. If we were less touchy-feely and more "Hey, let's drop a suitcase nuke off in Tehran" we'd have a ****-ton less terrorism in the U.S. It's not like folks are gonna hate us less. I'm not talking a BIG nuke. Just one that says, "I think you had something to do with attack such and such and now you have 450,000 dead people to sort out." "Oh and P.S. You can't live anywhere within 60 miles of Tehran for 200 years. Sorry."

You could do that to make this **** Iran's problem too but I don't think it would be a deterrent. They're crazy people who think committing suicide or dying in war or sacrificing their own children brings them paradise. Not much deterring that.

I expect the mass of people in Iran have more sentiment for their own lives and the lives of their children than that.

The cold war worked because both sides believed (ironically incorrectly) that each could destroy the other. In truth only the United States actually had the capacity to actually utterly destroy Russia. They didn't have the capacity to match us for a very long time.

Regardless, currently world opinion is our new Cold-War. Fear that other countries will either see us as villains or take violent action against the U.S. should they react in the harshest measures possible against terrorist attacks are what keep the U.S. from responding appropriately.

However, if the U.S. simply put out a statement saying the next confirmed ISIS attack on U.S. soil or a U.S. controlled territory will result in the indiscriminate destruction of a major ISIS supporting city. New Cold War. The number of people injured or killed will determine the megatons that will be used on a random ISIS supporting city. Simple as that.

Is it harsh? Sure. But how long does the U.S. need to send troops into foreign countries to be target practice or bomb-sniffers for young warriors in training when the issue could be solved brutally and in a particularly Stalin like manner. Cause make no mistake. ************* were afraid of Stalin.

You take a look at the bomb in Russia. It killed 10.

Say Russia drops the equivalent of a 10 megaton or kiloton bomb in Mosul? You think ISIS would be real ******' eager to plan another Subway bombing?

Suppose they did? Suppose they killed 300 people? Then 3 days later Tehran was ******* gone. Just gone. How long is ISIS going to keep going? How long ya think?

Ron_Burgundy_3.jpg