• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tesla has new factory in China

katsung47

Reaction score
Tesla goes big in China with Shanghai plant

Reuters Reuters July 10,2018

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk on Tuesday landed a deal with Chinese authorities to build a new auto plant in Shanghai, its first factory outside the United States, that would double the size of the electric car maker's global manufacturing.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-goes-big-china-shanghai-011731874.html

abfe007e2e09b227c67bc63b273f7569

And in about a year China will be making fake Teslas.

Last edited:
Elon Musk is a bipolar fuckhead. Let him sell his rice rockets to the Chink....I mean the Asians. His wuss cars won’t be coming back to the States without a big tax.

Elon Musk is a bipolar fuckhead. Let him sell his rice rockets to the Chink....I mean the Asians. His wuss cars won’t be coming back to the States without a big tax.

Well, I guess at least you didn't go for gooks. I just look for small victories at this point.

I disagree about their cars being "wuss". One of my uncles has a P90D with the speed upgrade. It's ridiculously badass. While they're not the cheapest cars on the road, they are pretty high tech.

I'd also be inclined to believe this is how Tesla will circumvent the tariffs in place. Why build in one country, then ship to another and pay that tariff when you can just build your product in the country you intend to sell it? Isnt this what Nissan, Toyota and others did in the 80s?

Guess why Tesla is building the plant in China ... go ahead, guess.

Yep, to avoid tariffs.

But hey, tariffs don't work.

He is building in China to sell to the Chinese and because Tesla got a huge investment from a Chinese company to do so.

Shame they are going to steal his technology.

Musk is in the Lib doghouse, ha ha

Elon Musk donated nearly $40K to Republican PAC

Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk was one of the top 50 donors last quarter to a PAC aimed at maintaining Republican control of the House, new federal filings show.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ted-nearly-40k-to-republican-pac-filings-show

------------------------

Elon Musk calls British diver who helped rescue Thai schoolboys 'pedo guy' in Twitter outburst

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...iver-vern-unsworth-twitter-pedo-a8448366.html

Shame they are going to steal his technology.

I'm sure he has a contract that says they won't steal his stuff. :lol:

Musk is in the Lib doghouse, ha ha

Elon Musk donated nearly $40K to Republican PAC

Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk was one of the top 50 donors last quarter to a PAC aimed at maintaining Republican control of the House, new federal filings show.

I suspect that when your livelihood and multi-billion dollar business depends on government subsidies, you have to donate to both sides. Or possibly, I don't know for sure, if the Dems are True Believers in your electric bullshit then they're okay and you only need to buy votes from the other side.

Last edited:
I'll wait till they fix the technology

Tesla Model S Bursts Into Flames In Hollywood.

Mary McCormack@marycmccormack
@Tesla This is what happened to my husband and his car today. No accident,out of the blue, in traffic on Santa Monica Blvd. Thank you to the kind couple who flagged him down and told him to pull over. And thank god my three little girls weren’t in the car with him

I just wonder where is Trump and his speech about Harley Davidson. This is a very big investment. Perhaps he supports Elon Musk?

I just wonder where is Trump and his speech about Harley Davidson. This is a very big investment. Perhaps he supports Elon Musk?

Sooo, you just kinda slip in and out of coherent thoughts? Is it involuntary or can you control it?

Last edited:
I'm about done with this Katsung guy. It is some guy taking up bandwidth.,,,,,which I pay for, He doesn't engage. Just a spammer.

I'm about done with this Katsung guy. It is some guy taking up bandwidth.,,,,,which I pay for, He doesn't engage. Just a spammer.

Sadly I think katsung has jumped the shark. For a short time at the beginning, I thought he may have GoBengals potential. Alas it was not meant to be.