• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Texas police chief fatally shot during traffic stop

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/2...y-shot-during-traffic-stop/?intcmp=latestnews

Bexar County Sheriff Susan Parmerleau told KABB-TV that Elmendorf Police Chief Michael Pimentel was shot after pulling over Joshua Lopez, 24, to serve an active misdemeanor warrant for graffiti. Parmerleau told The Associated Press that Lopez shot Pimentel several times. He was struck in the shoulder and abdomen and pronounced dead at a hospital.

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
And this is relevant why............? Is this like O'reilly covering a DUI case when his national show never covers those but, since he has a racist agenda...........

O'Reilly blows a fuse as Geraldo brings the vampire out into the light.

Lunar

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
According to you, all police have it coming.

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
According to you, all police have it coming.

Really? You guys are Fox News disciples as you make up stuff out of thin air, where did I say that?

Lunar

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Admit it you are glad the cop is dead.

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
Admit it you are glad the cop is dead.

Project much? Exchange cop for black man and we've probably read your mind. I want justice not barbarism.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
rip. prayers to the family

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
Really? You guys are Fox News disciples as you make up stuff out of thin air, where did I say that?

I said it to friends the first day and I reiterate it here today; I hope they burn that ************ from city limit sign, to city limit sign.

Day 1, before any details come out kill the cop.

Stewey

Reaction score
And this is relevant why............?

Jump to conclusions much ?
Why does this have to be relevant to the Brown case?...This was a separate thread created to discuss yet another cop being wasted by a thug.

Why do you hate cops so much polo?...because you will never get over your best girlfriend dumping you for one?

Last edited:

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
Slightly past teenager Joshua Lopez was on his way from art class to church, when an evil racist cop tried to pistol whip him for no reason and accidentally shot himself, several times. He survived just long enough to press poor little Joshua's hands onto the trigger and frame him for murder.

Sad. Justice for Joshua!

Rod Farva

Reaction score
And this is relevant why............? QUOTE]

You really are an ignorant **** sucker. Posted in another thread that I was actually starting to feel sorry for you. Thanks for reminding me why that's a waste.

Pretty sure this carries an immense amount of "relevance" for the officer, his family and friends. Where's your ******* compassion you piece of ****?

Spike

Reaction score
Black cop kills young white man, media hide race

While national news media continue to focus on race in Ferguson, Missouri, where a white police officer shot and killed an unarmed black teenager, they apparently don’t think a similar case in Utah with the races reversed is that newsworthy.

Police in Salt Lake City are continuing their probe into an Aug. 11 shooting outside a 7-Eleven convenience store, when a black police officer, whom local media are referring to as “not white,” shot and killed 20-year-old Dillon Taylor, who was unarmed at the time, according to his supporters.

Police Chief Chris Burbank said the entire incident was captured on the body camera of the officer who shot Taylor.

http://kutv.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_13131.shtml

------------------------

Where's CNN????

Where are the marches and Molotov's?

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Someday, people will realize that **** like this is a police problem and not a race problem. Too many people are far too happy to be useful idiots these days.

S

Steel Not A Player

Someday, people will realize that **** like this is a police problem and not a race problem.

I so want to agree with this statement, but I don't know where you're coming from.

If you think that the militarization of police is dangerous and affects us all, then I agree wholeheartedly.

If you're saying that it's police business and we should all "shut up and let them do their jobs", then I couldn't disagree more.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Sarge was referring to the lack of accountability and the willingness of police to use deadly force when they have other avenues available to them.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Sarge was referring to the lack of accountability and the willingness of police to use deadly force when they have other avenues available to them.

This is pretty much it. I am not sure what all the facts are in this case or the Michael Brown case, but what I do know is that stuff like this is happening far too often. Lethal force should always be a lst resort.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
Police use force in a very small percentage of arrests. Force involving weapons is only a tiny percentage of those. Lethal force as a percentage of arrests is exceedingly rare. Of course one unnecessary use is one too many, but it's not something that's commonplace by any means. Around 1000 police homicides deaths per 40 million arrests.....1 in every 40,000, .0025 percent. Let's not forget the majority of those are probably justified...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/study-examines-police-use-of-deadly-force/

The review found 55 percent of the 2,002 arrest-related deaths from 2003 through 2005 were due to homicide by state and local law enforcement officers. Alcohol and drug intoxication caused 13 percent of the deaths, followed by suicides at 12 percent, accidental injury at 7 percent and illness or natural causes, 6 percent. The causes of the deaths for the remaining 7 percent were unknown.

The highly populated states of California, Texas and Florida led the pack for both police killings and overall arrest-related deaths. Georgia, Maryland and Montana were not included in the study because they did not submit data.

Most of those who died in custody were men (96 percent) between the ages of 18 and 44 (77 percent). Approximately 44 percent were white; 32 percent black; 20 percent Hispanic; and 4 percent were of other or multiple races.

"Keep in mind we have 2,000 deaths out of almost 40 million arrests over three years, so that tells you by their nature they are very unusual cases," said Christopher J. Mumola, who wrote the study.