• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

That moment you make liberals hate you even more than they hate themselves...

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw an enormous FB thread today about the Griner (sp?) Basketball player trapped in Russia for something we'd consider a pretty petty crime.

There was a LOT of angry banter about WHY she's still stuck there. Mist of it centering on the fact she's black, or a woman, or paid less than men, or some combination thereof.

And I just pointed out the elephant. "I know some folks won't like this idea, but has the family reached out to former president Trump? He got the Ball kid & his teammate out of China. He may be able to make a call or three and get her home."

And the assplosions began!

Biden has no leverage on this subject and he doesn't know how to negotiate. The only way she gets released is if Biden agrees to send ALL uranium mined to Russia for free, forever. Putin might agree to that.

Biden has no leverage on this subject and he doesn't know how to negotiate. The only way she gets released is if Biden agrees to send ALL uranium mined to Russia for free, forever. Putin might agree to that.
I may be wrong but, I think we have one of their guys imprisoned on weapons charges they are asking for his release for the release of Grainer. **** that.

Well AL Sharpton had something to say about all of this which surely got Putins attention. Why hasn't Jesse Jackson spoke up? How about BLM? LeBron? Oprah? Obama?

I think the more coverage this gets on the U.S. news the more likely Putin will keep her locked up. He likes to squeeze his opposition.

Griner family pleads with Biden to save their daughter from a dangerous foreign country.
People STILL trapped in Afghanistan say gooood f'n luck!
Well, she's gay and black so that's extra points.

maybe the parents should take a page from midnight express or call Liam Neeson. If you aint smart enough to not break the law in a country like Russia, well I guess you get what you deserve.

Do we know for a fact she smuggled in something? Or is this just Russia saying she did?

Do we know for a fact she smuggled in something? Or is this just Russia saying she did?
She had a vape cart or two, apparently. And pled guilty.

Neither of which may be aligned with the truth.

I heard it was CBD oil, which according to the signs I see you can get at the dozen or so chiropractor offices along the road where my work is, but apparently not legal in Russia.
JFC, it's like they're a whole different country with different rules and stuff.

Last edited:
But it's OK you see because she was " in a hurry " when she was packing and this illegal substance was placed in her bags by mistake. Honest mistake. Passes muster in any court of law, doesn't it?

But it's OK you see because she was " in a hurry " when she was packing and this illegal substance was placed in her bags by mistake. Honest mistake. Passes muster in any court of law, doesn't it?
unless you're a white heterosexual male. or a dumbshit WNBA player in a foreign country.

unless you're a white heterosexual male. or a dumbshit WNBA player in a foreign country.
A Communist country doing what Communist countries do. They have a chance to imprison an American for some slight or perceived offense, they'll do it.
Remember the college kid that the Norks threw in jail for a couple years for stealing a poster. They sent him back when he was near death and I heard that among other things, all his teeth were pulled out.

A Communist country doing what Communist countries do. They have a chance to imprison an American for some slight or perceived offense, they'll do it.
Remember the college kid that the Norks threw in jail for a couple years for stealing a poster. They sent him back when he was near death and I heard that among other things, all his teeth were pulled out.

his dad said it appeared as if his teeth were rearranged, but autopsy said different.
weird, but... break the law in some foreign shithole country and don't expect them to treat you with kid gloves.

this whole thread is rich...

She did look good in that dress. I still don't like her.

She did look good in that dress. I still don't like her.
What we used to call a "double-bagger". That means a paper bag over your head in case hers falls off.