• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The $900 Stimulus Bill

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
I was part of a team that broke down this package.

$10M to Pakistan transgender education (you know, that same country that hid Bid Laden for 7 years?)
$500M to Central American countries
$30M to research fish.... literally Fish.
$2M to study dead trees.
$160M for (closed) Smithsonian, Kennedy Research Center, National Dowery of Art—note, 2nd time this was tried to be put in. Why?
$1.3B to Egypt ....

This is a disgrace.

But most people care about the free $ that they get because they were forced to lose $ by overkill shutdowns

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Not a dime should be going to anyone else. Not a cent. All of the businesses going under or forced to shut down, some of them multiple times?

If you ever needed absolute proof none of these mother ******* give a **** about you, well here it is .

This is one of those things that frustrates me regarding the government. This bill has little to nothing to do with Covid relief for people that have been devastated by this virus.

If someone has lost their source of income it makes sense and I'm all for it. Small businesses going under, I get it. Lost your job because of the plague and can't put food on the table, then help should be on the way.

And it's not just about giving $$$$ to every politicians pork project, but also about people like me that don't need a handout. I'm retired and living on what I've saved all my life, and even if I was still working I would be an essential worker
and not affected by this virus.

It pisses me off that everything has to be about $$$ and garnering votes. **** these politicians, left or right, do your damn job.

If you ever needed absolute proof none of these mother ******* give a **** about you, well here it is .

The one guy who vetoed it Trump is the same guy who they are crucifying because he doesn’t “care”....

$600 to ppl a week and that’s living? **** off media.

This is one of those things that frustrates me regarding the government. This bill has little to nothing to do with Covid relief for people that have been devastated by this virus.

If someone has lost their source of income it makes sense and I'm all for it. Small businesses going under, I get it. Lost your job because of the plague and can't put food on the table, then help should be on the way.

And it's not just about giving $$$$ to every politicians pork project, but also about people like me that don't need a handout. I'm retired and living on what I've saved all my life, and even if I was still working I would be an essential worker
and not affected by this virus.

It pisses me off that everything has to be about $$$ and garnering votes. **** these politicians, left or right, do your damn job.

That bill is everything wrong with government. How they sleep at night I'm not sure. They spent the year train wrecking lives by force and fear.

Their job is self preservation and helping those who kiss the ring and pay tribute.

They have turned it into a team sport- Everybody (citizens) is pulling for their team (Republicans v Democrats). Meanwhile the owners of the league (Lobbyists & Bureaucrats) get rich on their unelected lifetime appointments.

The wealthiest counties in the US, which border DC, are evidence of that. Time for a new team.

They have turned it into a team sport- Everybody (citizens) is pulling for their team (Republicans v Democrats). Meanwhile the owners of the league (Lobbyists & Bureaucrats) get rich on their unelected lifetime appointments.

The wealthiest counties in the US, which border DC, are evidence of that. Time for a new team.

But they still find a way to get re-elected time and time again, even after they are exposed as thieves and traitors.

images

More headlines that blame Trump for not signing this BS bill.

I hated the American Recovery act in 2009. I was working as Project Analyst/Project Manager at the time & it was disgusting. To this day people blame the banks - who are NOT blameless - but took none of the responsibility themselves. Those who signed the paper for homes couldn’t afford, spent $50-$100K on HELOCs they couldn’t afford but it wasn’t “their fault”. $$ went to bail out businesses that needed to restructure—**** you GM.

This one is pure vomit in comparison. It’s exactly why they couldn’t come to agreement before. It’s full of spending money on garbage, to other nations, to infrastructure we don’t need.

It makes no sense. I can explain in greater detail why the bill makes no sense, but if you’re vested in stock market—destroy the $ and a $1.00 for stock of butter now costs $2.00 — whether you’re “rich” or “poor”, but commodity prices go up, so does your investment in them.

Consumer spending drives economy. Those who advocated shutdowns should get nothing. Other nations—nothing.

Politicians in House/Senate should donate their own salaries. Let them feel it.

So Trump caved and signed the bill and is now looking at 2k payments to people. A lot of the stuff in the original bill was bogus and had nothing to do w/ COVID. I am surprised that it passed the senate and surprised Trump signed it. I think Trump should have tried to cut the BS out of the original bill and shifted the money to individuals or businesses in the US. As it stands what are your thoughts on the 2k payments vs $600. I am kinda torn, but in a way I feel like me and my family deserve some extra $$. We are not married, but have never cheated the system and have always claimed both incomes which led to us getting no type of assistance. In the past at times it was a huge struggle. Things have been better the last couple years, but still not as comfortable as I would like. When I had COVID I had to take off and use my own PTO time as our company does not provide comp pay for that. My gf had to take off as well and she basically lost 8-9 days of pay. It would be nice to have some extra $$ in the bank because you just never know what will happen. I know there are people way worse off who need the money more and I hope they get it. Some people though just do not try and are collecting all freebies. My facility has openings for about any job and cant even get apps. There are jobs out there for people just may not be what they like. It will be interesting to see how much pull Trump actually has. The senate vote will be tough

Clear proof that this nation is toast.

We're ****** anyway you slice it. Trust me they'll be coming back for all this money and then some. Just wait until Fraud Joe The Fake President gets in. Maybe as well just sign over your money now.