• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The force of this man's words were staggering...

There is no Left or Right, just Up or Down.

Re: hamster's post, compare any current politician to Reagan, and it's not even close IMO.

Re: hamster's post, compare any current politician to Reagan, and it's not even close IMO.

IMHO, Dutch wasn't a pol like we think of pols. He was a patriot that rose above party. The Donald isn't nearly the orator, but I think you can separate both from the pols of their generations on the basis of their patriotism above all else. Could it be that that is why the pols and their shills hate them? And what does that say about the pols and their shills?

I was too young to vote for him but he was always my favorite president. Coming out of the doldrums of Carter's economy and Iranian hostage clusterfuck, Reagan was a beacon of light. I wanted him to be harder on immigration but he was a great president and wasn't pushed around by the media like some of the presidents after him.

I was too young to vote for him...

My wife and I went to the polls in Cali even after the outcome was known 'back East' just to vote for Dutch.

I've voted in 12 generals and all the midterms in between. Always Republican, but only because there weren't better choices. Only two men compelled my votes - Dutch and The Donald.

First POTUS I voted for was the 2nd term RR. Still proud.

Trump is close. No one will beat RR for so many things.

Hell, my dad probably emits a full body Aura when you mention the words Ronald Reagan.

I was too young to vote for him as well, but I'm damn glad/proud he steered this country in the direction he did.

Hell, my dad probably emits a full body Aura when you mention the words Ronald Reagan.

I was too young to vote for him as well, but I'm damn glad/proud he steered this country in the direction he did.

First President I voted for in 1980.

I'm not a political person...party wise. I don't subscribe to a collection of "right" and "left" based ideals, but there is no doubt that Reagan was an amazing presence and off-the-scale orator.

In today's liberal world, if you’re white, you’re a racist

That's all u need to know

Funny part is, it seems to be mostly white people calling each other racist, as if to say “I’m not racist, but all those other white people are.”

Reagan was the best President this nation has seen.

Reagan was the best President this nation has seen.

Puts a mind to....

s6ca7.jpg

and now the reply is...

dMP5ABS.jpg

I have been to the Reagan library in Simi Valley about half a dozen times. Great place. Former Air Force 1 is located in a hanger there. That was the plane Reagan took to Iceland to meet Gorbachev.

First President I ever voted for. Also, I have told this story a couple of times on this site, but it bears repeating.

In 2nd or 3rd grade, when I was 8 years old, teacher gave us an assignment to write an elected official and ask a question to see if we received a response. Dad a very smart man and STAUNCH Republican said, "Why don't you write the governor and ask if he wants to run for President?" So in 1969, 8-year old Steeltime writes Governor Ronald Reagan (California used to be a GREAT state), noted how old I was, said I had a class assignment and would very much like a reply and asked, "Do you want to run for President some day?"

I received a typewritten reply on the Governor's letterhead, with a signature of Ronald Reagan (probably ink stamp, but I don't care), saying that the Governor was thrilled at my interest in world affairs at such a young age, thanking me for my question, and responding that he was very busy with the work serving the people of the great state of California at the moment, but also saying he hoped he had my support if he decided at some point to run for President.

You damn well bet 19-year old Steeltime was on the phones and walking the pavement as a volunteer for the Reagan campaign in 1980.

Oh, and guess what? (D)umbfuck liars called Reagan a racist, a warmonger, crazy, interested in helping only the rich, dangerous, blah-dee-*******-blah. Different time, same ****. So you can understand that when I hear a shrieking (D)im yell "Racist!", I simply ignore it.