• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Steelers Lost Out On Brandon Aiyuk Thanks To An AFC Foe

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers drama-filled summer has come to a close after fans saw star wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk ink a new deal that will keep him with the San Francisco 49ers for the foreseeable future. Pittsburgh had reportedly been in trade talks with the 49ers multiple times throughout the offseason, including right around the time of the 2024 NFL Draft and then again as training camp began to pick up.

READ MORE

Can’t wait for Roman Wilson to get back.

Salute the nation
I think Roman is going to be fantastic for us. I also think Van will be a decent #2. I guess I'm just not that upset about not landing a 30 million dollar receiver at this point.

Denver didn’t want to lose Sutton, so you can’t really blame them for not going through all the way. It’d be like us dangling Highsmith and then deciding we still need him (which we do).

It may come back to haunt us, but we aren’t one WR away from the Super Bowl or even being an elite team. Give3 another year with our improved drafting and then we can talk.

Salute the nation

I think Roman is going to be fantastic for us. I also think Van will be a decent #2. I guess I'm just not that upset about not landing a 30 million dollar receiver at this point.
It's just an example of the team leaving the cupboard embarrassing bare on another unit. Yes, teams go through ups and downs in various units, but to remain so bare and weak in one with all of offseason opportunities, well, it's embarrassing. They has 7 months to fix this (plus other years) and THIS is the best they could do? This and the OL is quite the embarrassment for the team. What a shame.

The Pittsburgh Steelers drama-filled summer has come to a close after fans saw star wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk ink a new deal that will keep him with the San Francisco 49ers for the foreseeable future. Pittsburgh had reportedly been in trade talks with the 49ers multiple times throughout the offseason, including right around the time of the 2024 NFL Draft and then again as training camp began to pick up.

READ MORE
Meh......maybe a handful of people on this site thought possibly the trade might happen ....perhaps possibly........most just shrugged off the daily articles for months that you and every other hack wrote for the daily clicks........or are you saying that today is the day ot happens?....Lol🙄

Denver didn’t want to lose Sutton, so you can’t really blame them for not going through all the way. It’d be like us dangling Highsmith and then deciding we still need him (which we do).

It may come back to haunt us, but we aren’t one WR away from the Super Bowl or even being an elite team. Give3 another year with our improved drafting and then we can talk.

Salute the nation
I personally think we are a HC away from moving on from our current situation. Possibly our ownership has a few issues also.