• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Troy Polamalu Effect

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
This past weekend was a hectic one for the Pittsburgh Steelers. It was alumni weekend on top of the team hosting the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday Night Football. Multiple Hall of Fame and Steelers legends were in the house; among them were the newest Hall of Fame inductees: Bill Cowher, Donnie Shell, Alan Faneca, and Troy Polamalu.

The four of them and Bill Nunn were honored at halftime. They were given their Hall of Fame rings in front of the home crowd. You can see a glimpse into the rest of the alumni weekend events here:

It was a historic #AlumniWeekend pic.twitter.com/uINQtIu0TF

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) October 18, 2021

As great as all this was, there was one moment right before the game that I think every fan can appreciate. Polamalu was walking on the field before the game, when he and a Seattle fan engaged in conversation. Troy did something only Troy could pull off. He convinced the Seattle fan to swap out his jersey for the Terrible Towel Troy was holding. You read that right. This fan took off his own Seahawks jersey, and swapped it out for a black and gold Terrible Towel. You can’t make that up. Troy single-handedly made sure the Steelers had at least one more fan in the stands that night, and Seattle had one less. It can be seen here:

.@tpolamalu just made a Seahawks fan trade in his jersey for a Terrible Towel
😂
😂
😂
😂
pic.twitter.com/PmmZ8zRHMr

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) October 18, 2021

The effect Polamalu has on people and his impact on the game is evident here. I don’t think anyone in their right mind would give up an opportunity to swap with Polamalu. That’s a first ballot Hall of Famer, and one of the best to ever play the safety position. Troy’s legacy is one of legend, and it was good to see him back in the building this weekend after a hiatus away from the team after a not so pretty ending to his tenure with the team and his career. Troy and the team seem to have both moved on, and we hope to see more moments like this going forward on all alumni weekends.

Pittsburgh walked away with the win in front of the prestigious alumnus, Polamalu had a legendary return, and he and four other Hall of Fame Steelers got a standing ovation as they were officially given their Hall of Fame rings. A decent Sunday night to say the least. With the win, the team is now at 3-3 and back to .500, and currently sits at the 7th seed in playoff standings at the moment. They will look to improve upon that, and continue to make Polamalu and the other legends that came before proud and carry out the tradition built by them. Hopefully, one day soon, this team can win the legends’ seal of approval – that the current guys could’ve played with them.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Troy is still my 18 year olds favorite player.I surprised he hasn't started growing is hair out to be more like him

Reactions: wig
This past weekend was a hectic one for the Pittsburgh Steelers. It was alumni weekend on top of the team hosting the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday Night Football. Multiple Hall of Fame and Steelers legends were in the house; among them were the newest Hall of Fame inductees: Bill Cowher, Donnie Shell, Alan Faneca, and Troy Polamalu.

The four of them and Bill Nunn were honored at halftime. They were given their Hall of Fame rings in front of the home crowd. You can see a glimpse into the rest of the alumni weekend events here:

As great as all this was, there was one moment right before the game that I think every fan can appreciate. Polamalu was walking on the field before the game, when he and a Seattle fan engaged in conversation. Troy did something only Troy could pull off. He convinced the Seattle fan to swap out his jersey for the Terrible Towel Troy was holding. You read that right. This fan took off his own Seahawks jersey, and swapped it out for a black and gold Terrible Towel. You can’t make that up. Troy single-handedly made sure the Steelers had at least one more fan in the stands that night, and Seattle had one less. It can be seen here:

The effect Polamalu has on people and his impact on the game is evident here. I don’t think anyone in their right mind would give up an opportunity to swap with Polamalu. That’s a first ballot Hall of Famer, and one of the best to ever play the safety position. Troy’s legacy is one of legend, and it was good to see him back in the building this weekend after a hiatus away from the team after a not so pretty ending to his tenure with the team and his career. Troy and the team seem to have both moved on, and we hope to see more moments like this going forward on all alumni weekends.

Pittsburgh walked away with the win in front of the prestigious alumnus, Polamalu had a legendary return, and he and four other Hall of Fame Steelers got a standing ovation as they were officially given their Hall of Fame rings. A decent Sunday night to say the least. With the win, the team is now at 3-3 and back to .500, and currently sits at the 7th seed in playoff standings at the moment. They will look to improve upon that, and continue to make Polamalu and the other legends that came before proud and carry out the tradition built by them. Hopefully, one day soon, this team can win the legends’ seal of approval – that the current guys could’ve played with them.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..
Lol. Funny.

If that was me though. I don’t care if you’re Jesus himself. You ain’t getting my jersey

Troy is still my 18 year olds favorite player.I surprised he hasn't started growing is hair out to be more like him
DO IT! DO IT!

Just wondering why the Bus wasn’t there.